Job Vacancies World Resources Institute (WRI)
Position Intern – International Renewable Energy Financing
Program: Climate and Energy Program (CEP)
* Apply for this job online
* Email this job to a friend
More information about this job:
Job Vacancies Overview:
WRI’s Climate and Energy Program seeks a part-time or full-time intern to assist with our Blueprint 2015 project. This effort seeks to create the conditions for ambitious collective action to protect the global climate system. As part of the project, we are developing innovative mechanisms to provide developing countries with the incentives needed for the transition to a low-carbon economy. Over the coming months, the project team will explore the idea of an international funding mechanism for feed-in-tariffs to support renewable energy in three Asian countries. We are looking for a highly organized and motivated individual to help conduct background research on this idea with our partners in Thailand, Sri Lanka, and the Philippines and to organize international stakeholder workshops with international financial institutions, government, and civil society experts.
Job Vacancies Responsibilities:
* Conduct research on existing support mechanism that the Asian Development Bank and other donors use to promote renewable energy and opportunities to integrate support for feed-in-tariffs.
* Synthesize existing research on the support needs of developing countries, particularly in Asia, for the deployment of renewable energy.
* Ensure regular contact with project partners in Sri Lanka, the Philippines, and Thailand and help coordinate their research.
* Help coordinate logistics of a research meeting and reception in South Africa in December and an international workshop in the Philippines in February.
* Draft correspondence with project partners and funders.
* Assist in publishing updates on this work online.
* Assist with other Blueprint 2015 project activities on international climate finance and climate policy as required.
Job Vacancies Qualifications:
* Undergraduate degree with excellent academic record in a related field, or with substantial related work experience. Graduate degree a plus.
* Familiarity with international climate policy, renewable energy policy, and/or international development assistance.
* Strong internet research skills and excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office.
* Excellent English writing and oral communication skills.
* Ability to work well in a team, manage multiple priorities, take initiative, and deliver under tight deadlines.
* Experience working with civil society organizations or academics from developing countries or with multilateral development banks desired.
Job Vacancies Compensation and Duration:
* This is a paid internship.
* The position is open immediately; the candidate must be available through March 2012.
* Internship may be part-time or full-time, but intern must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours/week. Please indicate your preference.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Powered by Article Dashboard science technology and society in the philippines
- Powered by Article Dashboard solar system
- Powered by Article Dashboard solar system science project
- Powered by Article Dashboard science technology and society
- Powered by Article Dashboard part time jobs
- Powered by Article Dashboard science technology society
- Powered by Article Dashboard computer part
- Powered by Article Dashboard computer part time jobs
- Powered by Article Dashboard psychology paper topics
- Powered by Article Dashboard what is science technology and society