Job Vacancies World Resources Institute (WRI)
Position: Sustainability Intern
Program: Climate and Energy Program (CEP)
Closing Date: Saturday, 09 July 2011
More information about this job:
The World Resources Institute (WRI) seeks an intern with excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills to assist the Sustainability Manager in measuring and reporting the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions from WRI’s business operations, and in testing emission reduction strategies.
The Internship Offers:
* Work experience at one of the world’s leading environmental organizations
* Opportunity for individuals to build their portfolio of experience and connections
* First-hand experience using the GHG Protocol accounting and reporting standards and tools
Partner with the Sustainability Manager to:
* Complete a Scope 3 inventory for WRI’s business operations ( e.g. purchased products and services)
* Complete an Inventory Report detailing WRI’s direct (Scope 1) and indirect ( Scope 2 and 3) emissions from 2009 and 2010
* Implement communication strategies around WRI’s sustainability goals, both internally and externally
* Research best practices and innovative approaches to emission reductions, such as telepresence
* Implement reduction strategies
* Organize workshops and meetings, as well as providing other administrative support as needed
* Bachelors degree in environmental policy, engineering, public administration, public policy, economics, business, or related field, Master’s degree or working towards a Master’s degree a plus
* Knowledge of GHG accounting, with experience developing corporate GHG inventories based on the GHG Protocol, Scope 3 GHG accounting, and Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) a plus
* Experience with MS-Excel and strong quantitative skills
* Strong problem solving ability
* Excellent research, analytical, writing, and organizational skills
* Ability to work independently and in a team
* Motivated and proactive
Position based in Washington, DC (Conveniently located 1/2 block from Union Station Metro Stop)
The internship is full time (37.5 hours/week) for 3 to 4 months, with the possibility of extension depending on performance, project needs, and funding. The start date is flexible, with an earlier date being preferred.
$12 – $15 per hour, depending on qualifications and experience. No benefits.
Application accepted online only at www.wri.org/careers – Please, no phone calls.
Please note that this system can store only one resume/CV and one cover letter per profile, regardless of how many positions for which you apply. If you have previously applied to a position at WRI, and want to submit a new resume and cover letter for this position, you will need to upload the new files under ‘update your profile.’ Note that this will cause your previous material to disappear. If you wish to apply for multiple positions simultaneously, we recommend either addressing your qualifications for all of them in a single resume and a single cover letter or creating multiple profiles.
Established in 1982, WRI is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization respected globally by policymakers, NGOs, and corporate leaders because of the rigorous quality, balance, and independence of its work. With its think-tank roots, WRI values innovative ideas, working collaboratively, and thinking independently. It is a results-oriented organization that rewards the achievement of significant outcomes, such as helping shape international climate policy by providing key inputs and analysis into the UNFCCC process, and establishing the Greenhouse Gas Protocol – the most widely used international accounting tool for government and business leaders to understand, quantify, and manage greenhouse gas emissions. WRI employees see the results of their hard work and have the satisfaction of making a significant difference in the world.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- vacancy life cycle assessment
- life cycle assessment jobs 2011
- wri sustainability intern
- Powered by Article Dashboard union station
- life cycle assessmentposition vacancies 2011
- sustainability intern wri
- Scope 3 inventory for WRIs business operations
- sustainability vacancy
- sustainability vacancy in 2011
- united nations life cycle assessment job