Job Vacancies World Resources Institute (WRI)
Position: Internship – Human Resources Assistant / Junior Recruiter
Program: Human Resources
More information about this job:
The World Resources Institute (WRI) seeks an intern with excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills to assist in its Human Resources Department. This position will provide general administrative support to the HR dept and specifically in the area of recruitment.
The Internship offers:
* Work experience at one of the world’s leading environmental organizations,
* Opportunity for individuals to build their portfolio of experience and connections, potential college credit
* First-hand experience in developing and implementing ideas to help streamline recruitment, measure retention and overall the orientation process
Partner with the Senior HR Generalist/Executive Recruiter to implement creative recruiting resources to attract qualified professionals.
* Contacting candidates, following-up with candidates, and managing candidate pipeline.
* Scheduling interviews, briefing and debriefing candidates before and after interviews as needed.
* Maintaining timely documentation of all conversations with candidates within our internal database.
* Assisting in generating leads from conversations with candidates.
* Research and Identify potential sources for qualified candidates.
* Assistance with Candidate management ranging from email, to voice to system tracking.
* Posting internal and external job advertisements to multiple sourcing sites and track postings on the internal ad tracker spreadsheet.
* Audit posting list as needed for renewals or ad removal
* Ensure that applicant tracking system is kept up to date with various hires. All jobs should be entered into the database and all hires should be made through the system.
* Participate in recruiting events. Input applicant’s information into HR database.
* Develop pre-screening questions fitting the criteria needed to screen down the candidate pool
* Thoroughly pre-screens each resume only for assigned positions and categorizes into qualification levels
* Assign and then track the WRI Buddy Program. This done in conjunction with other HR staff.
* Process check requests and wire transfers for HR related expenses
* Assist with processing and tracking of H1B work Visa filings
* Performing routine clerical duties including the processing of mail, filing, photocopying, faxing, data entry, scheduling of meetings related to recruitment procedures.
* Prepare new employee personnel/benefit files, assistance with paperwork collection
* Assist with the enhancement of WRI’s current orientation process
* Special research projects as assigned. Various areas of HR will require assistance and this position will be utilized as a full member of the HR team and take part in the overall generalist functions as needed.
* Set up travel arrangements and process expense reports.
* Currently in pursuit of at least a bachelors degree in a related field, Graduate student a plus
* Excellent academic performance
* Ability to work independently and for a very hands-off manager
* Must be dependable, flexible, and people-oriented.
* Exceptional English oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. A second language is a plus.
Ability to build strong relationships and positively influence staff
* Strong problem solving ability
* Proven ability to take initiative and look beyond current role openings and identify strong industry talent.
* PC skills and desire to work with new and innovative technology.
* Ability to accurately and articulately document information.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams; share responsibility for results, provide and accept feedback.
Position based in Washington, DC (Conveniently located 1/2 block from Union Station Metro Stop)
Approximately 20-25 hours per week, Days to be determined with flexibility given to an academic schedule
$12 per hour, no benefits,
Application accepted online only at www.wri.org/careers – Please, no phone calls. Please also note that your cover letter is extremely important for this position so form your content with care!
The World Resources Institute (http://www.wri.org/wri) is an environmental research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives.
The World Resources Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Powered by Article Dashboard union general
- Powered by Article Dashboard union station
- Powered by Article Dashboard student
- Powered by Article Dashboard visa online application
- Powered by Article Dashboard metro station
- Powered by Article Dashboard student visa
- world resources institute jobs
- Powered by Article Dashboard student travel
- Powered by Article Dashboard resume writing job
- Powered by Article Dashboard resume writing help