Job Vacancies World Resources Institute (WRI)
Position: Intern, Water Risk
Type: Intern (non-paid)
Program: Markets & Enterprise Program (MEP)
More information about this job:
The Markets & Enterprise Program of the World Resources Institute (WRI) is looking for a full-time intern to join its Water Risk Team, working on a project called “Aqueduct” to measure and map companies’ and investors’ water risk.
WRI is a leading non-profit institution providing analysis, tools, and environmental solutions (see www.wri.org). The Markets and Enterprise Program seeks to direct the flow of capital towards sustainable businesses. The Water Risk Team has developed a prototype Water Risk Index for the Yellow River Basin in China (see www.wri.org/aqueduct) which it is currently expanding to other water-stressed river basins around the world.
Aqueduct is a database and suite of applications to quantify, aggregate and map the physical, regulatory and socio-economic components of geographic water risks. The intern will join WRI analysts in sourcing and combining databases in the public domain to populate the various indicators in the index.
* Work with the Water Risk Team, specifically the Associate I analyst, to locate and evaluate relevant and up-to-date sources for a variety of hydrological, regulatory, and social data points in various river basins around the world.
* Collaborate with the Water Risk Team and with external partners to aggregate and present geographically-specific water risk data in ways that are transparent and scalable.
Support the Water Risk Team as required
* Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
* Comprehensive internet and conventional research capability
* Advanced knowledge of and demonstrated experience with Excel, database and statistical software.
* Knowledge of and experience with GIS software or web design preferred
* Graduate degree in hydrology, physical or human geography, engineering or economics, preferably with a demonstrated understanding of water issues and their business and investment implications.
* Results focused, organized, comfortable working independently within a collaborative research team.
Salary and benefits:
The internship is unpaid, but presents a great opportunity to establish a record with a leading organization in one of the most important environmental trends.
The World Resources Institute (WRI) is an environmental think tank that goes beyond research to create practical ways to protect the planet and improve people’s lives. Our mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment for current and future generations.
* People and ecosystems. Reverse rapid degradation of ecosystems and assure their capacity to provide humans with needed goods and services.
* Climate change. Protect the global climate system from further harm due to emissions of greenhouse gases and help humanity and the natural world adapt to unavoidable climate change.
* Markets and Enterprise. Harness markets and enterprise to expand economic opportunity and protect the environment.
* Access. Guarantee public access to information and decisions regarding natural resources and the environment.
* Institutional excellence. Support and enhance WRI’s ability to achieve results.
In all of its policy research and work with institutions, WRI tries to build bridges between ideas and action, meshing the insights of scientific research, economic and institutional analyses, and practical experience with the need for open and participatory decision-making.
World Resources Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability. WRI only accepts resumes for current vacancies.
World Resources Institute
10 G Street, NE Suite 800
Washington, DC 20002
Incoming search terms for the article:
- pligg content management system branches of natural science
- pligg content management system washington state
- pligg content management system branches of earth science
- pligg content management system degree in business management
- pligg content management system people of china
- Powered by Article Dashboard earth science four branches
- pligg content management system need help moving
- pligg content management system topics for earth science projects
- pligg content management system global domains international business opportunity
- pligg content management system us business yellow pages