Job Vacancies World Relief
Stands for the Vulnerable and Empowering the Church
Closing Date: Monday, 20 December 2010
Location: United States of America (the)
Job Title: Disaster Response Director
Job Title of Supervisor: Senior Vice President, Programs
Work Location: World Relief Headquarters – Baltimore, Maryland, USA
General Function:Direct World Relief’s response to disasters occurring in the U.S. and overseas.
Specific Job Duties:
* Oversee World Relief’s disaster response efforts around the world including program strategies, budget development and personnel selection.
* Ensure that information on World Relief’s disaster response efforts is disseminated throughout the entire organization.
* Involve NAE denominations in World Relief’s disaster response activities if these denominations are related to churches in the disaster area or if they have a specific stake in the response to the disaster.
* Represent the Disaster Response Unit at World Relief Board of Directors’ meetings, Executive Team meetings, annual budget meetings, Program Leadership Team meetings and any other meetings as necessary.
* Maintain World Relief relationships with key partners such as OFDA, NVOAD, UNHCR, Interaction and other agencies.
* Represent World Relief on the INTEGRAL Program Committee and other INTEGRAL committees as necessary.
* Represent World Relief at AERDO disaster response meetings.
* Set strategic growth initiatives for World Relief’s disaster response efforts including mitigation, preparedness, policy development and quality assurance.
* Manage the disaster relief budget and disburse funds according to established guidelines and criteria.
* Maintain a database of disaster response partners, information sources, consultants and potential volunteers.
* Represent World Relief’s disaster response efforts to major donors and the media.
* Maintain the systems needed to obtain timely information about disasters from the UN, OFDA, and other disaster response groups.
* Develop a Continuing Education program for disaster response staff to ensure well-trained staff. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Master’s degree in related field.
* Organizational and logistical skills.
* Personal commitment to the mission of World Relief.
* Ten years of overseas experience.
* Demonstrated experience and ability in responding, designing and leading an organizational response to international and domestic disaster, including natural and manmade.
* Experience in mobilizing, training and developing personnel in disaster response situations.
How to apply
log in to our website http://worldrelief.org/jobs to submit your resume, cover letter etc
Reference Code: RW_8BJTD9-70
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Disaster response job vacancies
- how do you apply for disaster relief jobs
- disaster relief jobs
- world disaster relief jobs
- word relief jobs vacancies hcr
- united states disaster relief budget -news
- ten world disasters 2010/2011
- relief response jobs
- overseas disaster work
- overseas disaster relief jobs