Job Vacancies World Food Programme (WFP)
Position: Senior Staff Assistant
Location: United States of America ( The )
Closing Date: 02.11.2011
Job Vacancies Specifics:
The world’s largest humanitarian agency, the World Food Programme (WFP), the United Nations frontline agency fighting the global war on hunger, is seeking a Senior Staff Assistant at the G6 level for a position located in their liaison office in New York, United States of America.
The Executive Assistant will provide high level secretarial and administrative support by conducting research, formatting reports, handling information requests and performing secretarial functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, maintaining a manager?s calendar and making travel arrangements. The successful applicant may also be required to train and supervise other junior staff.
To view the accountabilities for this position please click on the below link:
The position requires the following:
Job Vacancies Specifics:
* At least five years of secretarial experience, some of which should have been at a senior level.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
* Effective interpersonal skills and willingness to work with broad spectrum of people.
* Excellent telephone etiquette.
* High degree of professionalism.
* Ability to produce quality work (accurate and presentable) in a timely manner; manage deadlines and priorities.
* Attention to detail, follow-up and excellent organizational skills.
* Tact and good judgement in confidential situations and the ability to interact with senior management.
* Organisation skills: ability to multitask and prioritise work in a busy, fast-paced environment.
* Proactive, flexible and helpful attitude.
* Good problem-solving capabilities and ability to work under pressure.
* Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office package: Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint).
* Knowledge of general office procedures (e.g. filing, correspondence, scheduling).
In line with WFP’s Policies on Recruitment of General Service Staff in Headquarters and Liaison Offices, the successful candidate will possess the WFP competencies required of a Senior Staff Assistant at the appropriate grade level and especially those of Action Management, Communication, Ethics & Values, Teamwork, Behavioural Flexibility, Client Orientation, Initiative, Cognitive Capacity and Interpersonal Relations.
Job Vacancies Desirables:
* Specialized knowledge of WFP administrative rules and regulations and policies and practices in the specific area of work is desirable.
* General knowledge of UN system administrative policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
* Working knowledge (proficiency/Level C) or Limited knowledge (intermediate/Level B) of another official UN Language is desirable.
- Working knowledge (Proficiency/Level C) English.
- Secondary school education (High School Diploma).
In order to apply to this position:
Go to: http://i-recruitment.wfp.org/vacancies/11-0011898
Step 1: Create and submit your Online CV.
Step 2: Submit your application. NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Deadline for applications: 2 November 2011
* WFP offers exceptional benefits and a highly competitive compensation package
* WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
* Shortlisted candidates may be required to complete a written test/ online assessment as part of the selection process.
* Offer of appointment will be subject to the selected candidate having provided proof of required training and education credentials and successful completion of the official WFP/FAO Language test in English (Level C/Proficiency).
* Applicants should possess valid visa/work permit to live and work in the United States and reside within commuting distance of the duty station before applying to this position.
Courtesy, tact and the ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Only eligible candidates will be contacted and no applications will be accepted after the closing date.
Date of Issue of Vacancy Announcement: null
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- employee ethiopia
- employee ethiopia vacancy
- www employeeethiopia com
- wfp ethiopia vacancy
- world food program ethiopia vacancy
- employee ethiopia com
- employee ethiopia vacancies
- world food program/ethiopia/vacancies
- Powered by Article Dashboard psychology of food