Job Vacancies World Food Programme (WFP)
Position: Senior Partnership Manager (North America)
Location: United States of America, New York
Closing Date: Sunday, 20 March 2011
Senior Partnership Manager P4 (North America)
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill the position of the Senior Partnership Manager at P4 level, which will become available in our Liaison Office in New York or Washington DC, USA. The selected candidate will report directly to the Lead Business Development Manager and be responsible for the following key duties:
• Provide input into the private sector fundraising strategy, work plan and prioritization of activities for North America, with the United States as a priority; Manage business development in the United States including market intelligence and analysis, prospect identification and approach strategy, prospecting, preparation of ‘salespitches’/proposal and associated follow-up; Act as a business development focal point for corporate outreach which includes segmentation of industry, development of strategy and sales tools; Identify new/potential opportunities for partnerships; Manage strategic level account and provide guidance/support to the account managers; Forecast levels of private donor contributions based on systematic gathering and updating of relevant information; Guide staff to analyze and share information about private donor policies, trends and preferences; Develop strategies to address how to increase funding from new donor groups such as high net-worth individuals (HNWI), philanthropic foundations and individuals; Represent WFP at industry meetings; Provide training, technical guidance and supervision to other resources staff; Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience Required Education:
• University degree in International Development, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or other related fields. Advanced university degree is desirable.
• At least 7 years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in international development, or in corporate social responsibility/sustainability in the private sector or in managing large private foundations and associated philanthropic events;
• Experience in private sector fundraising, developing public-private partnerships, negotiations with private partners and public relations/advocacy;
• Managerial experience. Technical Skills & Knowledge: • Excellent sales, marketing and communications skills such as to approach partnerships and fundraising in a creative and entrepreneurial manner; • General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration is an asset.
• Excellent presentation, negotiation and management skills;
• Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to private sector fundraising;
• Ability to think and plan strategically;
• High degree of independent judgment and initiative;
• Ability to work independently, as well as to organize, assess and coordinate the work of others;
• Ability to work harmoniously with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Language:
• Working knowledge of English and intermediate knowledge of another UN official language (Arabic, French, Spanish, Russian or Chinese) or Portuguese as a WFP working language;
• Proficiency in Spanish is desirable.
Terms and Conditions Selected candidates will be employed on a two-year contract fixed-term with a probationary period of one year. After the completion of the first term, contract may be extended or renewed if certain conditions are met. WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, 30 days’ annual vacation, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance. Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP. http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Where we work” and “Our work” to learn more about WFP’s operations. http://icsc.un.org Click on: Quick Links > Salary Scales > by date http://www.unstaffmobility.org Learn more about countries where the UN operates
Go to: http://i-recruitment.wfp.org/vacancies/11-0011508
Step 1: Create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application. NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Deadline for applications: 20 March, 2011
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are encouraged to apply
Fighting Hunger Worldwide
Incoming search terms for the article:
- wfp philippines jobs
- wfp tanzania vacancies
- wfp jobs in tanzania
- world food program philippines jobs
- wfp tanzania jobs
- WFP jobs
- world food program philippines job vacancies
- wfp tanzania
- vacancies in tanzania march 2011
- wfp vacancies in tanzania