Job Vacancies World Food Programme (WFP)
Position: Lead Online Business Development Manager P4 (Private Partnership)
Location: United States of America (The), California
Closing Date: Sunday, 20 March 2011
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill the position of the Lead Online Business Development Manager at P4 level, which will become available in California, USA. Under the direct supervision of the Lead Business Development Manager, the selected candidate will be responsible for the following key duties:
• Develop an online business development plan with prioritization of activities for the United States, however, duties may include global opportunities; Manage online business development in the United States including market intelligence and analysis, prospect identification and approach strategy, prospecting, preparation of ‘sales-pitches’/proposal and associated follow-up; Identify new/potential opportunities for partnerships and conduct ongoing business development with the United States and other North America countries; Provide training, technical guidance and supervision to other resources staff; Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience Required Education:
• Advanced university degree in International Development, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or other related fields.
• At least 7 years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in international development, or in corporate social responsibility/sustainability in the private sector or in managing large private foundations and associated philanthropic events;
• Experience in private sector fundraising, developing public-private partnerships, negotiations with high-level private partners and public relations/advocacy;
• Managerial experience.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
• Excellent sales, marketing and communications skills such as to approach partnerships and fundraising in a creative and entrepreneurial manner;
• General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration is an asset.
• Excellent presentation and negotiation skills;
• Excellent management and technical leadership skills;
• Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to private sector fundraising; • Ability to think and plan strategically;
• High degree of independent judgment and initiative;
1• Ability to work harmoniously with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
• Working knowledge of English and intermediate knowledge of another UN official language (Arabic, French, Spanish, Russian or Chinese) or Portuguese as a WFP working language;
• Proficiency in Spanish is desirable.
Terms and Conditions
Selected candidates will be employed on a two-year contract fixed-term with a probationary period of one year. After the completion of the first term, contract may be extended or renewed if certain conditions are met. WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, 30 days’ annual vacation, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Where we work” and “Our work” to learn more about WFP’s operations. http://icsc.un.org Click on: Quick Links > Salary Scales > by date http://www.unstaffmobility.org Learn more about countries where the UN operates
Go to: http://i-recruitment.wfp.org/vacancies/11-0011511
Step 1: Create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy. Deadline for applications: 20 March, 2011
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are encouraged to apply
Incoming search terms for the article:
- wfp jobs
- wfp liberia vacancies
- Un online vacancies
- world food program jobs
- wfp ethiopia vacancy
- wfp liberia vacancy
- job vacancy in Liberia and MGOs for 2011/2012
- world food program vacancy in Liberia
- jobs at wfp
- WFP Jobs in Liberia