Location: United States of America (the)
The Health Research Challenge for Delivery (HRCD) Project is a global initiative dedicated to addressing research gaps in how to effectively introduce, implement and scale up priority evidence-based interventions in the areas of maternal, neonatal and child health (MNCH), family planning and malaria.
The project’s primary objective will be to 1) solicit and manage a research grant process that will meet USAID’s project objectives and 2) strengthen the research capacity of host country collaborators.
Ultimately, the HRCD Project will be a global leader, serving as a benchmark for research and evaluative activities on how to deliver, achieve coverage and scale up existing evidence-based approaches that contribute to the enhanced health status of infants, children, and mothers in developing countries.
The Deputy Project Director’s overall responsibility is to carry out senior-level technical and administrative tasks as delegated by the Project Director. This person will report to the HRCD Project Director. Responsibilities may include but will not be limited to the following activities:
- Conduct or manage landscape analyses of research topics, which may include carrying out the analysis directly, hiring consultants, or awarding non-competitive sub-agreements to research organizations to implement and follow through.
- Organize consultative meetings of experts to review and discuss important HRCD research issues.
- Monitor project priorities and deliverables.
- Communicate with USAID, including field missions, on project deliverables.
- Develop and implement a results dissemination strategy to include writing project reports.
- Conduct reviews of literature on technical topics important for HRCD initiatives or as background for the development of Requests for Applications (RFAs) for research studies.
- Develop technical sections of RFAs, including award criteria, and review technical and cost applications in response to RFAs.
- Organize Expert Application Review Panels (identify, recruit and brief expert panel members).
- Develop project research database and ensure it is organized, updated and accessible as appropriate.
- Ensure key project processes are documented and continuously improve.
- Provide direction and communicate the HSPH, as needed and appropriate.
- Provide direction, communicate, and offer technical assistance to sub-awardees as needed and appropriate.
- Review periodic and final reports from sub-awardees, providing feedback and ensuring appropriate changes are incorporated and implemented.
- Analyze HRCD budgets and pipelines.
- Ensure HRCD Project website has appropriate content and is updated regularly.
- Help supervise the Project Coordinator and Grants Manager. Liaison with internal departments of URC (Contracts, Finance, Communications, etc).
- Other tasks as assigned by Project Director.
* You must be currently eligible at the time of application to work long term in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Advanced degree (masters or doctorate) in public health, health sciences or related field, or its equivalent.
- At least three (3) years of experience designing and conducting research studies, preferably in health services research in developing countries and/or in implementing MNCH interventions/programs in developing countries.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, plus managerial and interpersonal skills required. Track record of being a team player with flexibility to adapt to changing work conditions is essential.
- Two (2) or more years of experience managing research programs, including budget oversight and coaching and supervision of staff.
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Outstanding writing skills and oral presentation skills.
- Experience working with USAID strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in French or dialects relevant to those spoken in Africa desired.
- Willingness and ability to travel about 30% of the time to developing countries, as needed.
For immediate consideration, click on this link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=498920 (or copy to your web browser). Please cut and paste your cover letter in the “Notes” section and upload current CV (preferred method).
Or, fax your cover letter and CV to HR at 301-941-8650 with “Deputy Project Director HRCD” in subject line.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates clearly meeting the requirements for this position will be contacted. Please, no phone calls. Thank you.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- urc jobs
- urc vacancies
- urc careers
- lolc careers
- universal robina corporation job hiring
- urc hiring
- lolc vacancies
- Urc job hiring
- University Research Co LLC (URC)
- urc job vacancies