Job Vacancies United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide
Position: Civil Engineer, World Food Programme
Closing date: 30 Jun 2010
Location: Italy – Rome
Fighting Hunger Worldwide The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking qualified individuals to replenish our Civil Engineer roster. Potential positions may become available in the organization’s Administrative Services, Rome, Italy. The selected candidates will be required to travel extensively to WFP’s field offices.
Within delegated authority, the Civil Engineer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide engineering and project management service; develop master plans for renovation and construction projects and site lay-outs;
- Conduct engineering site assessments of WFP facilities to determine suitability to operational purposes, safety and efficiency of structures and equipment;
- Ensure the regular maintenance of all major installations, including the identification of problems and the discussion with appropriate and specialised contractors;
- Prepare tender specifications for the supply and/or maintenance of the site and its equipment;
- Develop procedures for preventive and routine maintenance of all site equipment and fittings;
- Make proposals for the selection of new equipment and materials;
- Supervise and ensure that works done by contractors are performed promptly and according to specifications;
- Ensure effective space management within the premises;
- Liaise with local utility suppliers;
- Ensure that fire and industrial safety standards are followed at all times;
- Prepare budgets for all site related works and monitor expenditures;
- Prepare periodic reports on the economic and financial aspects of site management;
- Ensure compliance with WFP’s policies, criteria and procedures;
- Assist Regional Managers, Country Directors in all matters related to site management;
- Supervise support staff involved in site management; provide training and technical guidance in their work;
- Provide supervising and monitoring of country office drivers, if necessary;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- University degree in Engineering. Relevant building facility management qualifications will be a strong asset;
- Professional or Chartered accreditation by an appropriate national or international regulatory authority for Civil or Structural Engineers.
- Written and oral proficiency in English;
- Intermediate or working knowledge of another WFP working language such as French, Arabic, Spanish, Russian, Chinese and Portuguese. Fluency in French or Arabic is preferable.
- At least 5 years of postgraduate professional experience in facility management and maintenance with greater independence and decision making authority;
- Strong technical background and practical experience in project planning, scheduling and delivery of project.
How to apply
Please refer to the following link to find the full Terms of Reference and apply:
Go to: http://i-recruitment.wfp.org/vacancies/09-0010030
Step 1: Create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are encouraged to apply
Reference Code: RW_85DAFA-54
Incoming search terms for the article:
- wfp ethiopia vacancy
- wfp jobs in sudan
- wfp vacancies
- wfp Sudan jobs
- WFP jobs in ethiopia
- wfp jobs
- wfp vacancy in ethiopia
- wfp ethiopia
- wfp vacancies in sudan
- wfp vacancies in ethiopia