Job Vacancies United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide
Inspections and Investigations Officer, Rome
Closing date: 09 Apr 2010
Location: Italy – Rome
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking qualified individual for the position of Inspections and Investigations Officer at P4 level, which will be based in the organization’s Oversight Office at headquarters in Rome, Italy. The selected candidate will be required to travel outside of the duty station frequently to work in organization’s country offices.
Within delegated authority, an Inspections and Investigations Officer will generally be responsible for the following duties:
- Plan, organise, conduct and manage investigations into cases of alleged misconduct, malfeasance, mismanagement, waste of resources, abuse of authority, or violations of the Organization’s Rules and Regulations and Administrative Instructions;
- Lead teams of investigators and coordinate investigative activities of team members;
- Define the parameters and timetable of the investigation;
- Decide on the investigative tools to be employed to gather evidence;
- Obtain and review pertinent documentation;
- Conduct interviews and take statements;
- Analyse facts, determine findings and formulate recommended corrective measures and related disciplinary and jurisdictional actions;
- Draft reports and communications;
- Assess the potential within programme areas for fraud and other violations in selected high risk operations and offices away from Headquarters and prepare recommendations for corrective actions required to minimize the risk of commission of such violations, and monitor the timely and effective implementation of these recommendations.
- Adanced University degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in law, business administration, accounting, auditing or other related field.
- At least seven years (3 of which international) of postgraduate progressively responsible experience related to investigatory work;
- Practical experience in investigation management and administration is required;
- Previous experience in the conduct of investigations with a UN organisation or international financing institution is an asset.
- Working knowledge (proficiency / Level C) of English and French (both oral and written) is required;
- Knowledge of another WFP language (Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, and Chinese) is an advantage.
- Professionalism: knowledge and understanding of the theories, concepts and approaches relevant to administrative investigations; ability to gather and analyze electronic evidence; ability to gather evidence and interview subjects and witnesses; good research, analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to identify and participate in the resolution of issues/problems; ability to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given; ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities; produce reports and review and edit the work of others. Ability to draft, in English and French, complex investigation reports and other communications. An understanding of public sector procedures and practices and knowledge and appreciation of public sector fraud and corruption issues. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work. Ability to work in harmony with individuals from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Communications: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Accountability: Delivers outputs in accordance with standard operating procedures; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates; provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing other’s ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; and shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Leadership: Serves as a role model that other people want to follow: empowers others to translate vision into results; is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives; establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support; anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions; drives for change and improvements; does not accept the status quo; shows the courage to take unpopular stands.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, 30 days’ annual vacation, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are encouraged to apply
How to apply
Websites to visit before applying:
http://icsc.un.org Click on: Quick Links > Salary Scales > by date
www.wfp.org Click on: “Where we work” and “Our work” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
www.unstaffmobility.org Learn more about countries where the UN operates
Go to: http://i-recruitment.wfp.org/vacancies/10-0010609
Step 1: Create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Reference Code: RW_83UJK6-83
Incoming search terms for the article:
- wfp rwanda
- wfp rwanda vacancies
- WFP RWANDA JOBS
- wfp jobs in rwanda
- jobs in rwanda 2010
- un jobs in rwanda
- unjobs in rwanda
- WFP Vacancies
- jobs in rwanda
- Vacancies WFP