Job Vacancies United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide.
Position: Partnership Manager P3 (North America)
Closing Date: Friday, 22 April 2011
Location: United States of America (the) – New York
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill the position of the Partnership Manager at P3 level, which will become available in our Liaison Office in New York or Washington DC, USA.
The selected candidate will report directly to the Senior Partnership Manager and be responsible for the following key duties:
* Manage selected private sector partnerships and initiatives including cause-related marketing campaigns and emergency appeals;
* Meet donation targets by identifying new prospective donors and developing long-range plans for their involvement with WFP;
* Develop initial and on-going pitches and fact sheets to support fundraising work;
* Identify opportunities to participate in high level private sector events and key industry conferences and assessing benefits of WFP’s participation;
* Assist the Senior Partnership Manager in maintaining relationships with private sector donors in a variety of activities such as organizing steering committees and meetings, drafting articles for partners’ annual reports, managing new donors and one-time donations;
* Assist WFP business units and field offices with their private sector fundraising activities;
* Provide private sector partnership updates for WFP publications and website as needed;
* Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience Required
* University degree in International Development, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or other related fields. Advanced university degree is desirable.
* At least 5 years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in international development, or in corporate social responsibility/sustainability in the private sector, or in managing large private foundations and associated philanthropic events;
* Experience in private sector fundraising, developing public-private partnerships, negotiations with private partners and public relations/advocacy;
* Managerial experience.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
* Excellent sales, marketing and communications skills such as to approach partnerships and fundraising in a creative and entrepreneurial manner;
* General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration is an asset.
* Excellent presentation and problem solving skills;
* Strong organization and planning ability;
* Ability to think and plan strategically;
* Ability to work independently, as well as to organize, assess and coordinate the work of others;
* Ability to work harmoniously with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
* Working knowledge of English and intermediate knowledge of another UN official language (Arabic, French, Spanish, Russian or Chinese) or Portuguese as a WFP working language;
* Proficiency in Spanish is desirable.
Terms and Conditions
Selected candidates will be employed on a two-year contract fixed-term with a probationary period of one year. After the completion of the first term, contract may be extended or renewed if certain conditions are met.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, 30 days’ annual vacation, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance. Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Where we work” and “Our work” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
http://icsc.un.org Click on: Quick Links > Salary Scales > by date
http://www.unstaffmobility.org Learn more about countries where the UN operates
How to apply
Go to: http://i-recruitment.wfp.org/vacancies/11-0011509
Step 1: Create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Deadline for applications: 22 April, 2011
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are encouraged to apply
Reference Code: RW_8FEH5Q-46
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Wfp bangladesh job vacancy
- WFP jobs in bangladesh
- world food programme vacancies
- vacancy; wfp liaison office; nyc
- wfp bangladesh jobs
- world food program jobs
- wfp bangladesh vacancies
- wfp jobs ethiopia
- wfp jobs vacancy in bangladesh
- WFP Vacancies in Bangladesh