Job Vacancies United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Position: Communication Adviser and Speechwriter, Office of the Executive Director, UNFPA
Location: United States of America ( The ), New York
Closing Date: Wednesday, 28 September 2011
VACANCY NO.: UNFPA Job ID 1847
POST TYPE: Non-Rotational
DURATION: One year (renewable) *
ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT: Office of the Executive Director
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The purpose of the Communication Adviser and Speechwriter is to manage the communication of the Executive Director through specialized knowledge and provide strategic communication support to UNFPA senior management. Under the overall direction of the Executive Director, the Communication Adviser is responsible for the following:
Draft speeches, statements, briefings and written communication for the Executive Director ensuring high level of consistency, accuracy, content and presentation for a wide variety of audiences.
Liaise closely with other divisions, offices within the Fund and country offices to ensure timely and relevant inputs into development of written communication for the Executive Director, and in other matters of relevance of the Office of the Executive Director.
Maintain liaison with the Information and External Relations Division and other internal organs to maximize strategic communications, and provide support in relation to advocacy efforts at the highest level.
Monitor and analyse policy materials and developments within UNFPA and elsewhere, including the press, United Nations and NGO reports, to stay abreast of developments and to ensure that these developments are consistently and accurately reflected in written communications submitted to the Executive Director.
Advise UNFPA colleagues on communication matters to ensure consistency, quality and impact of UNFPA publications, and provide editorial direction to ensure strategic synergy in UNFPA communications. Supervise Communication Analyst to provide timely, accurate and relevant communication support to the Office of the Executive Director.
Job Vacancies Core Competencies:
– Commitment to UNFPA Values and Guiding Principles; ï‚§ Developing People/Fostering Innovation and Empowerment/Performance Management; ï‚§ Team Work/Communication/Self-Management ï‚§ Strategic Thinking/Results Orientation and Commitment to Excellence/Decision Making; ï‚§ Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Learning Functional Competencies:
– Organizational Awareness; ï‚§ Creating Visibility of the Organization; ï‚§ Leveraging Resources/Building Strategic Partnerships and Alliances; ï‚§ Job knowledge/Technical Expertise Job Requirements:
– Advanced university degree in Journalism, Communications or Political Science, or its equivalent; — 10 years of relevant professional experience, of which 5 years should be at international level; — Ability to write effectively at speed and accurately; ï‚§ Lateral thinking and ability to synthesize complex material; ï‚§ Capacity to set priorities and meet deadlines, and ability to multi-task; ï‚§ Fluency in English required; knowledge of another UN language is an asset. UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender quality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
We offer an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the level of the position. The package includes a competitive salary plus housing allowance, home leave, health insurance and other benefits.
How to Apply:
UNFPA has established an electronic application management system. This allows applicants to create a candidate profile, which can be updated regularly and submitted for more than one vacancy.
Download the Step by Step Guide to Applying in the E-Recruit System of UNFPA at http://www.unfpa.org/employment/application_guide.doc. Please print out the Guide for your reference during the registration and application process.
Job Vacancies Notice:
There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No expectancy of renewal in accordance with UN Staff Regulations 4.5
Job Vacancies UNFPA, United Nations Population Fund
220 East 42nd Street
New York, New York 10017 USA
Telephone: +1 (212) 297-5000
Fax: +1 (212) 370-0201
Incoming search terms for the article:
- fs4fs5exams@un org
- speechwriter jobs un 2011
- (fs4fs5exams@un org
- speechwriter vacancy 2011
- Recruitment Unit [fs4fs5exams@un org]
- speechwriter vacancy
- speechwriter vacancies in america
- speechwriter vacancies 2012
- SPEECHWRITER terms of reference UN