Job Vacancies United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is an international development agency that promotes the right of every woman, man and child to enjoy a life of health and equal opportunity. UNFPA supports countries in using population data for policies and programmes to reduce poverty and to ensure that every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, every young person is free of HIV/AIDS, and every girl and woman is treated with dignity and respect.
Position: Environmental Scanning Specialist, Environmental Scanning and Planning Brach, Programme Division, New York, ICS-11
Closing Date: Wednesday, 06 October 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – New York
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide substantive input in the design and implementation of the UNFPA environmental scanning architecture, which includes monitoring and analysis of political, socio-cultural and economic trends/issues, to help the organization timely react to the changes in the environment and strategically position itself internally and externally.
* Facilitate testing of innovative analytical approaches for environmental scanning and strategic positioning of the organization at the country, regional and global levels, building bridges with other units across UNFPA.
* Develop and implement capacity development strategies and training materials for building skills for environmental scanning at different organizational levels but with the focus on outreach to the regional offices. Develop guidelines for institutionalizing systems and processes of environmental scanning throughout the organization and contribute to their implementation through provision of training and advice.
* Create knowledge sharing mechanisms for dissemination of results and lessons learned for environmental scanning as part of the UNFPA integrated communication strategy.
* Analyze information, reports and documents to determine new trends and implications of changes in the external environment which will impact on the strategic interests of the organization and prepare periodic and ad-hoc materials on environmental scanning for use by the UNFPA Executive Committee. and broader audiences (in cooperation with other UNFPA units, regional offices in particular).
* Propose and prepare external expert panels on trends and issues as required.
* Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
* Values/Guiding Principles/Performance management
* Developing People/Fostering Innovation and Empowerment
* Working in teams
* Communicating information and ideas/Knowledge sharing
* Self-management/Emotional intelligence and Conflict management/Negotiating and resolving disagreements
* Appropriate and transparent decision making
* Analytical and Strategic Thinking/Results Orientation/Commitment to Excellence
* Innovation and marketing of new approaches
* Organizational Awareness
* Job knowledge/technical expertise
* Organizational leadership and direction
* Promoting results-based management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Advanced university degree ( Master’s degree), preferably in political science, sociology, international affairs, public health, or other social sciences;
* Seven years of progressively responsible professional experience with proven expertise of political/socio-cultural/economic analysis. Country/regional experience in development would be an advantage.
* Excellent writing and oral communication skills as well as interpersonal and negotiation skills. Understanding of the challenges of the ICPD agenda in the changing environment and knowledge of issues related to global health and social development.
* Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge in French or Spanish highly desirable. Knowledge of other UN languages an asset.
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
We offer an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the level of the position.
How to apply
UNFPA has established an electronic application management system. This allows applicants to create a candidate profile, which can be updated regularly and submitted for more than one vacancy.
Download the Step by Step Guide to Applying in the E-Recruit System of UNFPA at http://www.unfpa.org/employment/application_guide.doc .
UNFPA, United Nations Population Fund
220 East 42nd Street
New York, New York 10017 USA
Telephone: +1 (212) 297-5000
Fax: +1 (212) 370-0201
Reference Code: RW_894P9J-40
Incoming search terms for the article:
- etiojobs vacancy
- unfpa philippines jobs
- www etiojobs com
- etiojob com
- unfpa philippines vacancies
- unfpa vacancies
- etiojob vacancies
- employee levels at unfpa