Job Vacancies United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is an international development agency that promotes the right of every woman, man and child to enjoy a life of health and equal opportunity. UNFPA supports countries in using population data for policies and programmes to reduce poverty and to ensure that every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, every young person is free of HIV/AIDS, and every girl and woman is treated with dignity and respect.
Position: PeopleSoft Developer/Analyst (Human Resources)
Closing Date: Thursday, 28 October 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – New York
In coordination with UNDP and other partner agencies, UNFPA has implemented the Recruitment functionality and Candidate Gateway in PeopleSoft HCM 8.9. Additionally, UNFPA is currently implementing the PeopleSoft Enterprise Leaning Management (ELM) application as well as other custom Human Resources system initiatives. In support of these systems and projects the ERP Developer and Analyst will provide application development and support expertise for existing and future applications.
The incumbent will work in the UNFPA Management Information Systems (MIS) Branch of the Division for Management Services (DMS) and will be reporting to the Business Support Services Manager (P5).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key responsibilities and duties include:
* Application Development of new custom applications using PeopleTools, PeopleSoft HCM applications, Crystal Reports, and other technologies
* Implementation support
* Preparation of technical design documents
* Customization technical design and development
* Report development
* Preparation and execution of test plans for new application and report development
* Troubleshooting, research, and resolution of system issues
* Refinement of existing customizations
* Input to project scoping and planning activities
* Translation of business designs into technical solutions
* End-user support
* Technical support of existing systems (eRecruit, Candidate Gateway, Enterprise Learning Management)
* Collaboration with internal and external technical resources
* Participation in system design sessions
* Values/guiding Principles
* Developing People
* Building and Managing Relationships
* Personal Leadership and Effectiveness
* Results Orientation
* Client Focus
* Problem Analysis and Decision Making
* Substantive Expertise
* Team Work
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Knowledge and Experience:
* University degree in IT, Science or Business Administration.
* Must have at least 5 years of relevant working experience with PeopleSoft HCM application and People Tools development, preferably in Human Resources, e-Recruit and ELM applications.
* In-depth ERP technical knowledge including People Tools development, in Human Resources, e-Recruit and ELM applications. Knowledge of Financials applications a plus.
* Strong analytical skills, ability to supervise staff, ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks.
* Fluency in English. Other UN language(s) an asset.
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
We offer an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the level of the position. The package includes a competitive net salary plus housing allowance, home leave, health insurance and other benefits.
Notice: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
* This is a project-funded post.
How to apply
UNFPA has established an electronic application management system. This allows applicants to create a candidate profile, which can be updated regularly and submitted for more than one vacancy.
Download the Step by Step Guide to Applying in the E-Recruit System of UNFPA at http://www.unfpa.org/employment/application_guide.doc.”
UNFPA, United Nations Population Fund
220 East 42nd Street
New York, New York 10017 USA
Telephone: +1 (212) 297-5000
Fax: +1 (212) 370-0201
Reference Code: RW_89SKS3-93
Incoming search terms for the article:
- unfpa philippines jobs
- unfpa philippines vacancies
- unifem job vacancies
- unfpa vacancies philippines
- peoplesoft analyst HR UN system
- powered by phpBB gateway technical support
- unfpa vacancies in philippines
- inspira hr gateway united Nations Health
- vacancies 2010 october