Job Vacancies United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is an international development agency that promotes the right of every woman, man and child to enjoy a life of health and equal opportunity. UNFPA supports countries in using population data for policies and programmes to reduce poverty and to ensure that every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, every young person is free of HIV/AIDS, and every girl and woman is treated with dignity and respect.
Position: Evaluation Analyst
Closing date: 04 Jun 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – New York
The UNFPA Evaluation Policy establishes the need for increased support to the evaluation function in the Programme Division (PD). PD coordinates evaluation planning in UNFPA; fosters evaluation professionalism through advice, guidelines, capacity building (training), and the sharing of best practices; ensures that management responses are prepared and implemented for all evaluations; and ensures that evaluation findings are integrated into strategic policy and planning.
The role of PD in evaluation is complementary to the role of the Division for Oversight Services (DOS), which will continue to conduct independent evaluations in accordance with the UNFPA oversight policy and to provide oversight for all evaluations, including monitoring and assessing the quality of evaluations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent of this post will contribute to the preparation and monitoring of evaluation plans, provide direct support to specific evaluations, provide input on reporting on evaluations, develop and provide training for evaluations, assist in the follow up on the implementation of recommendations from evaluations, and collect and disseminate information on evaluations.
• Assist with conducting and/or managing evaluations that are impartial, independent, credible and meet professional standards.
o Assist in the preparation of evaluations plans and monitoring of their implementation;
o Assist in the planning, preparation and data collection process of evaluation exercises;
o Assist in the preparation of, and participate in, evaluation missions;
o Participate in the evaluation of programmes and projects;
o Support evaluations conducted by staff members and consultants;
o Apply evaluation quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis tools, techniques and approaches.
• Promote that evaluations are useful and that evaluation findings and recommendations are followed up.
o Ensure appropriate presentation of evaluation results for dissemination;
o Ensure that data-bases, intra- and internet pages related to the evaluation function are up-to-date, useful and user-friendly;
o Assist in the monitoring of the management response and follow up on evaluations, including contributing to organizational learning;
o Contribute to reports to management and Executive Board on the evaluation function and evaluations;
o Participate in meetings, workshops and other discussion fora to establish a dialogue on evaluation results.
• Contribute to the promotion of evaluation principles and utilization in the Organization.
o Keep abreast of developments in the area of evaluation including participating in formal training on evaluation techniques and approaches;
o Assist in the preparation of training material and provision of training on evaluation;
o Assist in providing support/ advice to project/programme managers in the conduct of self-evaluations;
o Participate in and/or contribute to internal evaluation network (EvalNet);
o Participate in maintenance of a Global Roster for evaluators.
The incumbent will perform other related duties and assignments as and when required.
• Values/Guiding Principles/Performance management
• Developing People/Fostering Innovation and Empowerment
• Working in teams at all levels
• Communicating information and ideas/Knowledge sharing
• Self-management/Emotional intelligence and Conflict management/Negotiating and resolving disagreements
• Appropriate and transparent decision making
• Analytical and Strategic Thinking/Results Orientation/Commitment to Excellence
• Innovation and marketing of new approaches
• Organizational Awareness
• Job knowledge/technical expertise
• Business Acumen
• Promoting results based management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Advanced university degree in social science or related field.
• 2 years of relevant experience in programme planning, monitoring and/or evaluation with sound knowledge of development environment. Knowledge of UNFPA’s operational environment desirable.
• Experience in web-based information posting and dissemination highly desirable.
• Good analytical, communications and organizational skills required. Strong computer skills, including in spreadsheets and database management software, such as MS Excel and MS Access, required.
• Fluency in English required. Working knowledge of French or Spanish highly desirable. Knowledge of other official UN languages an asset.
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
We offer an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the level of the position.
* This is a programme-funded post.
How to apply
UNFPA has established an electronic application management system. This allows applicants to create a candidate profile, which can be updated regularly and submitted for more than one vacancy.
Download the Step by Step Guide to Applying in the E-Recruit System of UNFPA at http://www.unfpa.org/employment/application_guide.doc.”
Reference Code: RW_857SZW-92
UNFPA, United Nations Population Fund
220 East 42nd Street
New York, New York 10017 USA
Telephone: +1 (212) 297-5000
Fax: +1 (212) 370-0201
Incoming search terms for the article:
- vacancies at UNFPA
- vavcancies in program evaluation
- job vacancies with unfpa
- UNFPA Evaluation Policy
- UNFPA program evaluation
- unfpa evaluation
- UNFPA evaluation analyst
- UNFPA evaluations
- analyste evaluation de programmes