Location: United States of America (the) – New York
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop workforce planning strategies and succession plans based on organizational trends and changing programme needs, forecasting staffing and competency requirements;
- Guide the provision of effective human resource intelligence, ensuring availability of quantitative and qualitative data on the workforce and developing data management strategies to support senior management decision making;
- Develop strategies on surveying staff opinions on HR programmes and policies, to be integrated into organizational surveys to build a comprehensive profile on organizational achievement;
- Guide the development of HR policy and assess the adequacy of current policies to meet emerging workforce and programme needs;
- Provide strategic HR policy advice to management and promote awareness, understanding and support for HR policies and planning across UNFPA management and staff;
- Provide support to implementation of HR-related UN reform initiatives (including “Delivering as One” at country level) and organizational change processes
- Represent UNFPA in inter-agency working groups and task forces relating to HR
policy development, coordination and harmonization and advise UNFPA management on the implications of changes;
- Oversee the provision of contractual and commercial legal support and advice to the organization;
- Contribute to building constructive staff-management relations;
- Create effective and engaging work environment for planning and policy team, promoting critical capacities to continually assess and challenge existing planning tools and policy structures;
- Commitment to UNFPA’s Values and Guiding Principles;
- Developing People/Fostering Innovation and Empowerment/Performance Management;
- Team Work/Communication/Self-Management
- Analytical and Strategic Thinking/Results Orientation and Commitment to Excellence/Decision Making;
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Learning
- Strategic alignment of HR practices
- Promoting organizational change and development
- Impact and influence
- Organizational awareness
- Client orientation
- Job knowledge/technical expertise
- Advanced university degree in human resource management, business or public administration or one of the social sciences.
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience in HR management, some of which preferably in an international setting. Demonstrated professional competence and success in the delivery of innovative and cost-effective HR policies and workforce planning strategies in a complex multicultural environment.
- Up-to-date knowledge of human resource management subject matter including delivery mechanisms, relevant technology and equipment.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; proficiency in a second working language (French or Spanish) desirable.
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
We offer an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the level of the position. The package includes a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits.
UNFPA has established an electronic application management system. This allows applicants to create a candidate profile, which can be updated regularly and submitted for more than one vacancy.
Download the Step by Step Guide to Applying in the E-Recruit System of UNFPA at http://www.unfpa.org/employment/application_guide.doc.”
Incoming search terms for the article:
- ethio jobs
- ethiojobs vacancy
- ethiojobs net
- www ethiojobs net
- ethiojobs vacancy list
- ethiojob net
- Ethiojobs Vacancies
- ethio jobs vacancy list