Location: United States of America (the) – New York
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent’s specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
Accounting and monitoring of other resources
- Analysis of financial data to ensure accuracy and processing of necessary adjustments;
- Transfer of funds between other Resources funds;
- Processing of funds to donors;
- Monitoring of fund balances to ensure that balances are in good standing;
- Monitoring of expiring fund balances to ensure necessary adjustments are processed on a timely basis
- Guidance to clients on implementation of UNFPA policy on co-financing;
Accounting of indirect costs of UNFPA on co-financing programme activities
- Proper application of the organization’s indirect cost recovery policy based on the CFA;
- Analysis of indirect cost to ensure accuracy – process necessary adjustments to prior periods expenditures and indirect costs;
- Guidance on the implementation of indirect cost policy to Country Offices and HQ divisions.
Preparation of financial reports to donors
- Prepare certified Annual Financial Statements for submission to donors through RMB by the established deadlines;
- Prepare certified Final Financial Statements for submission to donors as requested by Resource Mobilization Branch;
- Prepare ad hoc financial reports on co-financing resources as requested by clients;
- Perform analyses as required for management decision-making.
Preparation of schedules and notes to the corporate annual and biennial financial statements
- Issue Co-Financing Funds schedules to the financial statements;
- Issue Third Party Procurement schedules to the financial statements;
- Perform other activities as required to assure the success of the teamwork.
Other activities, as necessary, including assisting in training of field staff on the application and implementation of UNFPA financial regulations and rules
- Participate as facilitator in training of field staff;
- Provide training and assistance to new staff at HQ.
- Commitment to UNFPA Values and Guiding principles
- Fostering Cultural Sensitivity/Valuing Diversity
- Team Work /Communication/Self-Management
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Learning
- Job knowledge/technical expertise
- Client orientation
- Business acumen
- Innovation and marketing of new approaches
- Organizational awareness
- Completion of secondary school with supplemental training in Accounting. UN Accounting Test required;
- 10 years experience in Accounting and Finance required. Specialized experience in United Nations Accounting and Financial System preferred;
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel to manipulate and analyze large data base;
- Ability to assist and counsel clients in a professional and credible manner;
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
Please note that applicants applying for UNFPA General Service posts located in New York must have a valid G-4 visa or U.S. Permanent Residency or U.S. Citizenship. Applicants must pass the UN Clerical Test and, when applicable, the UN Accounting Test in order to be eligible to be appointed against the post.
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
We offer an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the level of the position. The package includes a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits.
UNFPA has established an electronic application management system. This allows applicants to create a candidate profile, which can be updated regularly and submitted for more than one vacancy.
Download the Step by Step Guide to Applying in the E-Recruit System of UNFPA at http://www.unfpa.org/employment/application_guide.doc.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- UN Clerical test
- un accounting test
- UN accounting jobs
- UN vacancies in Finance
- un finance jobs
- United nations clerical test
- unfpa south africa vacancies
- accounting jobs in un
- ethio job net com
- United Nations accounting jobs