Job Vacancies United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is an international development agency that promotes the right of every woman, man and child to enjoy a life of health and equal opportunity. UNFPA supports countries in using population data for policies and programmes to reduce poverty and to ensure that every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, every young person is free of HIV/AIDS, and every girl and woman is treated with dignity and respect.
Position: Infrastructure/Security Specialist, New York
Closing Date: Thursday, 19 August 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – New York
The Infrastructure/Security Specialist position is located in Headquarters within the Management Information Services (MIS) Branch, Division of Management Services (DMS).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Under the general supervision of the Chief, MIS Branch and direct supervision of the Chief, Technology Section, the Infrastructure/Security Specialist is responsible for managing security services, disaster recovery and business continuity.
Management and Implementation
- Management of UNFPA’s network, infrastructure, Activities include configuration and management of: firewalls; routers; content filtering appliances; network access control appliances; and Internet caching appliances. Monitoring of infrastructure performance; identification of bottlenecks; and optimization of related resources. Drafting of related policies and guidelines.
- Implementation and management of network security and disaster recovery infrastructure. Activities include the implementation and management of: the appropriate level of infrastructure security for the current and future organizational environment; intrusion detection and prevention; virus protection; and disaster recovery to ensure business continuity.
- Keep abreast with current and emerging technologies with the objective of analyzing and improving upon security and network performance levels in order to optimize network effectiveness.
- Liaise and manage external partners and consultants with specialised expertise in related areas for infrastructure and security management.
- Provide technical support to staff and offices on infrastructure and security related concerns.
- Backstop the Chief, Technology Section when required. Act as Technology Section OIC in the absence of the Chief.
Strategy & Planning
- Participate in related infrastructure and security planning sessions by advocating appropriate technology initiatives and coordinating their evaluation, deployment, and management.
- Participate in the development of long-range plans aimed at enhancing UNFPA’s infrastructure and security management posture.
- Represent UNFPA to external partners and in interagency meetings related to network infrastructure and security.
- Represent MIS in organizational disaster recovery and business continuity initiatives.
CORE COMPETENCIES :
- Commitment to UNFPA’s Values and Guiding Principles;
- Developing People/Fostering Innovation and Empowerment/
- Team Work/Communication/Self-Management
- Strategic Thinking/Results Orientation and Commitment to
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Learning
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES :
- Business acumen
- Implementing management systems
- Innovation and marketing of new approaches
- Client orientation
- Organizational awareness
- Job knowledge / technical expertise
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
Knowledge and Experience:
- University or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related field is required. Additionally, an advanced University Degree in a related field or management or equivalent in professional certifications is desirable.
- 7 years of increasingly responsible experience in the network infrastructure and IT security fields in a large multinational organization or in a large international corporation, with at least 3 years related management experience.
- Microsoft Networking (MCSE), and CISCO certification advantageous. Experience in Microsoft Windows XP Workstation and Windows Server, TCP/IP protocols, firewall configuration, infrastructure design and implementation, network routing protocols and configuration, and Ethernet 10/100/1000 switching. ITIL Foundations Certification.
- Thorough understanding of network infrastructure, firewalls, and routing principles and extensive knowledge of current technological developments in these fields.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to supervise staff, ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks.
- Fluency in English. Other UN language(s) an asset.
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
We offer an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the level of the position. The package includes a competitive net salary plus housing allowance, home leave, health insurance and other benefits.
Notice: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
How to apply
UNFPA has established an electronic application management system. This allows applicants to create a candidate profile, which can be updated regularly and submitted for more than one vacancy.
Download the Step by Step Guide to Applying in the E-Recruit System of UNFPA at http://www.unfpa.org/employment/application_guide.doc.”
Reference Code: RW_87LR3E-26
Incoming search terms for the article:
- unfpa vacancies in Ethiopia
- unfpa jobs in ethiopia
- un core competencies
- mis vacancy ethiopia
- mis job vacancy ethiopia
- UNFPA values
- UNFPA MIS branch
- security related vacancies
- United Nations Business Continuity
- united nations business continuity jobs