Job Vacancies United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is an international development agency that promotes the right of every woman, man and child to enjoy a life of health and equal opportunity. UNFPA supports countries in using population data for policies and programmes to reduce poverty and to ensure that every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, every young person is free of HIV/AIDS, and every girl and woman is treated with dignity and respect.
Position: Administrative Policy Specialist
Closing Date: Wednesday, 26 January 2011
Location: United States of America (the) – New York
Reporting to the Chief, Facilities and Administrative Services Branch and working in a team of 5 professionals and various support staff, the incumbent will collaborate with Headquarters (HQ) units and Field Offices (regional, sub-regional, liaison and country offices) and with the goal of developing new administrative policies, guidelines and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop new policies and procedures for all related administrative services (travel, document and assets management, etc) that reduce centralized processing and ensure quality and cost savings by delegation of responsibility for execution and accountability to user and staff;
* Create training tools and user friendly guidelines that effectively disseminate administrative policies and procedures to user units enhancing utilization and allowing effective monitoring;
* Conduct monitoring exercise and staff surveys tracking policy performance, adherence and effectiveness, identifying both compliance issues and opportunities for procedural innovations;
* Generate reports for DMS management on policy performance;
* Conduct cost assessments and client satisfaction surveys with regard to UNFPA policies and procedures and ensures compatibility of the policy with the UN common system;
* Continually assesses external sources for administrative service delivery, expertise and technology ensuring UNFPA is using the most appropriate methods available while modeling progressive deployment of administrative resources;
* Ensure that Field Offices are aware and empowered to confidently perform administrative functions with minimal oversight and control from HQ;
* Provide support to Facilities Management Specialist (Field Offices) on UNFPA greening initiative;
* In the absence of either Facilities Management Specialist (FO or HQ), provide guidance/support services and oversight for management of building facilities in Field Offices or Headquarters, as appropriate;
* Ensure that FASB intranet site is constantly maintained and up to date;
* Coordinate FASB input to the UNFPA newsletter and draft updates as required;
* Manage and oversee FASB Helpdesk;
* Coordinate and monitor FASB Travel Plans, Annual Report and Office Management Plans;
* Generate and develop innovative ideas and practices in order to improve business processes within the Branch and throughout the Organization;
* Perform any other activity as required in order to assure the success of the work team in support of the UNFPA mandate and strategy.
* Working in teams
* Communicating Information/ideas
* Results orientation
* Transparent decision making
* Analytical Strategic Thinking
* Business Acumen
* Client orientation
* Implementing Management systems
* Innovation/Marketing of new approaches
* Job knowledge
* Organizational Awareness
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Advanced University Degree in Business Management, or related discipline or Social Science.
* 5 years of increasingly responsible professional experience at the national level in public administration and development of which 3 years should be at the international level in the field of facilities management.
* Fluency in English required; working knowledge of French or Spanish a plus.
* The candidate should have strong writing skills; demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at all levels, initiative and sound judgment, ability to act independently under limited supervision, to assess and evaluate issues, make recommendations.
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life.
We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
We offer an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the level of the position.
* This is a project funded post
How to apply
UNFPA has established an electronic application management system. This allows applicants to create a candidate profile, which can be updated regularly and submitted for more than one vacancy.
Download the Step by Step Guide to Applying in the E-Recruit System of UNFPA at http://www.unfpa.org/employment/application_guide.doc.”
UNFPA, United Nations Population Fund
220 East 42nd Street
New York, New York 10017 USA
Telephone: +1 (212) 297-5000
Fax: +1 (212) 370-0201
Reference Code: RW_8CLMDV-50
Incoming search terms for the article:
- UNFPA vacancy 2011
- SAPS vacancies 2011
- un vacancies 2011
- population of usa 2011
- saps vacancies
- unfpa job vacancies
- population of the united states of america 2011
- USa population 2011
- vacancy 2011
- unfpa job