Job Vacancies United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is an international development agency that promotes the right of every woman, man and child to enjoy a life of health and equal opportunity. UNFPA supports countries in using population data for policies and programmes to reduce poverty and to ensure that every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, every young person is free of HIV/AIDS, and every girl and woman is treated with dignity and respect.
Position: Chief, National Execution (NEX) Unit
Closing date: 18 Feb 2011
Location: United States of America (the) – New York
UNFPA strongly promotes national execution, as defined in the General Assembly resolution on the triennial comprehensive policy review (GA 56/201). In this regard, UNFPA seeks to engage national implementing partners, in particular governments and NGOs, to carry out activities to achieve programme outputs.
The National Execution (NEX) Unit is responsible for ensuring that effective policies, procedures and systems are in place to ensure that funds are used for the purposes intended and, in particular, for overseeing the annual audit of nation execution expenditure.
The position is located in the Division of Management Services under the overall guidance of the Director, DMS and is currently under the direct supervision of the Chief of the Finance Branch.
The incumbent will lead the NEX Unit, which consists of two professional staff, one support staff, and 2-3 consultants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The key responsibility of the incumbent will be to proactively address issues related to NEX, in close cooperation with Programme Division, regional offices and country offices. In addition, he/she will plan, prioritize and manage the implementation of the work of the NEX Unit and to act as the focal point for NEX internally and externally. A key responsibility of the unit is the overall coordination of the NEX audit exercise.
Under the supervision of the Chief Finance Branch, the Chief NEX Unit performs the following specific duties and responsibilities:
* Maintain an action plan to ensure that NEX issues are effectively addressed;
* Review and advise on NEX related policies, procedures and business processes;
* Define NEX audit process, timetable and accountabilities;
* Plan the UNFPA NEX audit coverage in line with UNFPA NEX audit requirements, working closely with the divisions and country offices;
* Manage the resources of the NEX Unit;
* Direct, manage and supervise the staff of the NEX Unit;
* Ensure that external and internal audit recommendations applying to the NEX Unit are implemented;
* Act as the UNFPA’s focal point for NEX vis-à-vis the UNBOA, JIU and DOS.
* Values/Guiding Principles
* Integrity/Cultural Sensitivity/Valuing Diversity/Commitment to Mandate
* Developing People/Performance Management/Fostering Innovation and Empowerment
* Working in Teams/Communication/Self-Management/Emotional Intelligence/Conflict Management
* Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making
* Analytical and Strategic Thinking and Results Orientation/Commitment to Excellence
* Business acumen
* Promoting accountability and results-based management
* Impact and influence
* Organizational awareness
* Promoting organizational learning and knowledge sharing
* Job knowledge/Technical expertise
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Advanced university degree in economics, public administration and/or business administration;
* 10 years of professional experience in the areas of finance and audit;
* Sound understanding of the operations of a field based organization;
* Exposure to the UN system, financial regulations and rules, financial policies and procedures is desirable;
* Experience with ERP system, especially PeopleSoft/Oracle and MS Office applications or other similar applications;
* Excellent written and spoken English; working knowledge in either French or Spanish highly desired.
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
We offer an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the level of the position.
How to apply
UNFPA has established an electronic application management system. This allows applicants to create a candidate profile, which can be updated regularly and submitted for more than one vacancy.
Download the Step by Step Guide to Applying in the E-Recruit System of UNFPA at http://www.unfpa.org/employment/application_guide.doc
Reference Code: RW_8DMHUM-22
UNFPA, United Nations Population Fund
220 East 42nd Street
New York, New York 10017 USA
Telephone: +1 (212) 297-5000
Fax: +1 (212) 370-0201
Incoming search terms for the article:
- audit vacancy united nations
- www UNFPA org vacancy
- www unfpa org
- unfpa vacancies feb 2011
- unfpa director internal audit 2011
- unfpa 2011 jobs vacancies in nicaragua
- UN CHIF POPULATION UNIT CAREER
- iom vacancy org
- internal audit vacancies united nations
- Director UNFPA Division for Management Services