Job Vacancies United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Position: Human Resources Policy and Planning Specialist
Location: New York, United States of America
Closing Date: Thursday, 25 August 2011
VACANCY NO.: UNFPA Job ID 1832
POST TYPE: Non-Rotational
DURATION: 1 year fixed-term
ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT: Directorate of the Division for Human Resources (DHR)
The Human Resources (HR) Policy and Planning Specialist post is located in the Directorate of the Division for Human Resources. The HR Policy and Planning Specialist reports to the Deputy Director of DHR and shares responsibility for the supervision of a support staff member.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Formulate and review HR policies. Develop new/revised HR policies in close collaboration with the DHR Branches and the Legal Advisor. Continually assess the adequacy of existing HR policies to meet the emerging workforce and programme needs as well as UN common system initiatives.
* Promote consistent application of HR policies throughout the organization.
* Act as a policy adviser within the Division for Human Resources and provide interpretation and guidance on UNFPA HR policies, UN staff regulations and rules, as well as exceptions and precedents to UNFPA managers and staff.
* Develop appropriate communication strategies to promote awareness, understanding and support for HR policies across UNFPA management and staff. Ensure that HR policies are up-to-date and incorporated in UNFPA’s Policies and Procedures Manual (PPM). Develop systematic feedback mechanisms/approaches to assess policy impact and effectiveness.
* Participate in various in inter-agency working groups and task forces relating to HR policy development, coordination and harmonization (HR Network, ICSC, etc), ensuring that UNFPA HR interests are represented and advising UNFPA management on the implications of changes.
* Contribute to the development of an HR analytics functions, including providing support to workforce analysis exercises with a focus on staffing trends and skills. Promote linkages between HR initiatives and workforce analytics.
* Values/Guiding Principles;
* Performance Management;
* Developing People/Coaching and Mentoring & Fostering Innovation and Empowerment; Working in Teams;
* Self-Management/Emotional Intelligence;
* Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making;
* Analytical and Strategic Thinking and Results Orientation/Commitment to Excellence;
* Knowledge Sharing/Continuous Learning
-Strategic alignment of human resource practices ï‚§ Promoting organizational change and development ï‚§ Promoting organizational learning and knowledge sharing (DHR) ï‚§ Impact and influence ï‚§ Organizational awareness ï‚§ Client orientation ï‚§ Job knowledge/technical expertise
* Advanced university degree in Human Resources Management or Behavioral Science, Public Administration, or one of the other social sciences.
* Seven years of progressively responsible experience in HR management, some of which preferably in an international setting.
* Knowledgeable of HR theory, organizational analytics, and curious about latest thinking and approaches to HR management with a practical orientation on implementation within the context of UNFPA HR environment.
* Capable of political sensitivity and tact.
* Fluency in written and spoken English. Proficiency in a second working language (French or Spanish) desirable
* Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills a must.
* UN common system experience in an HR context an asset.
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender quality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
We offer an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the level of the position. The package includes a competitive salary plus housing allowance, home leave, health insurance and other benefits.
How to Apply:
UNFPA has established an electronic application management system. This allows applicants to create a candidate profile, which can be updated regularly and submitted for more than one vacancy.
Download the Step by Step Guide to Applying in the E-Recruit System of UNFPA at http://www.unfpa.org/employment/application_guide.doc. Please print out the Guide for your reference during the registration and application process. Notice: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
UNFPA, United Nations Population Fund
220 East 42nd Street
New York, New York 10017 USA
Telephone: +1 (212) 297-5000
Fax: +1 (212) 370-0201
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Powered by Article Dashboard behavioral science degree program
- Powered by Article Dashboard behavioral science degree
- Powered by Article Dashboard decision aids and forecasting tool
- powered by phpBB 3rd grade science fair projects
- Powered by Article Dashboard 3rd grade science fair projects
- powered by phpBB behavioral science projects
- Powered by Article Dashboard 8th grade science fair project
- Powered by Article Dashboard science degree
- Powered by Article Dashboard behavioral science experiments
- united nations population fund