Job Vacancies United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Position: Technical Specialist, ICPD Beyond 2014 Secretariat
Location: United States of America ( The ), New York
Closing Date: Thursday, 15 September 2011
VACANCY NO.: UNFPA Job ID 1841
POST TYPE: Non-Rotational
DURATION: One year (renewable) *
ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT: International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD) beyond 2014 Secretariat
In 1994, the 20-year Programme of Action (PoA) of the International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD) was adopted in Cairo to address the critical challenges and interrelationships between population and sustained economic growth in the context of sustainable development and human rights. General Assembly Resolution 65/234 on the follow-up to the ICPD beyond 2014 mandates UNFPA, in cooperation with all relevant organizations to “undertake an operational review of the implementation of the Programme of Action on the basis of the highest-quality data and analysis of the state of population and development, taking into account the need for a systematic, comprehensive and integrated approach to population and development issues”. The post described therein, will be part of the technical team of the secretariat put in place by UNFPA to carry out the 20-year Operational Review (OR) with the objective of assessing progress and achievements of ICPD PoA implementation since Cairo.
Job Vacancies Organizational Setting:
The ICPD at 2014 Technical Specialist post is located in the ICPD Beyond 2014 Secretariat and reports directly to the the Officer-in-Charge (O-I-C) of the ICPD beyond 2014 Secretariat. S/he supports the technical lead in the secretariat in implementing the Operational Review work plan. The Technical Specialist works within an integrated coordinated, and systems strengthening approach which is responsive and supportive of the Technical Division’s role in the operational review, in the context of UNFPA’s overall strategy.
Job Vacancies Major Activities/Expected Results:
A. Technical Support
* Contribute to Operational Review implementation; provide analytical inputs to all key components of the Operational Review, as well as contribute to the related mapping exercises and to liaise with TD staff, as necessary;
* Contribute to drafting of Operational Review report;
* Facilitate and coordinate in regard to the organization of Technical and Expert Group meetings and liaise with relevant partners as needed;
* Review and analyse publications and guidelines of relevance to ICPD Beyond 2014, including MDG related documentation and scanning on-going inter-agency processes;
* Contribute to identification of areas of research with partners in areas where the evidence base is lacking;
* Actively contribute to the identification of innovative approaches and new developments of relevance to the operational review;
* Contribute to technical support to strengthen the capacity of UNFPA at regional and country levels as needed, through various mechanisms including knowledge sharing (knowledge asset, technical meetings), policy and programming guidance and institutional staff orientation / training programmes;
* Contribute to the development of the TD component of the Global Programme and its monitoring, in line with the ICPD Beyond 2014 work plan.
* Provide support to the ICPD Beyond 2014 Special Adviser to the Director, TD, and to TD Directorate on technical issues, as needed;
* Liaise with ICPD Beyond 2014 Special Adviser to the Director, TD to ensure timely and responsive deliverables in the work plans of TD staff;
* Contribute to overall Secretariat and TD reporting and briefing related to ICPD Beyond 2014.
B. Advocacy/Partnerships for the Operational Review
* Assist in developing innovative/diverse partnerships from different sectors to ensure an inclusive and broad Operational Review; and
* Actively seek opportunities to increase visibility on ICPD Beyond 2014 Operational Review at relevant technical and international fora, through presentations, preparation of background papers, and briefing notes.
C. Performs all other job related tasks as requested by the Officer-in-Charge (O-I-C) of the ICPD beyond 2014 Secretariat.
Job Vacancies Core Competencies:
* Values/Guiding Principles;
* Performance Management;
* Developing People/Coaching and Mentoring & Fostering Innovation and Empowerment; Working in Teams;
* Self-Management/Emotional Intelligence;
* Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making;
* Analytical and Strategic Thinking and Results Orientation/Commitment to Excellence;
* Knowledge Sharing/Continuous Learning
Job Vacancies Functional Competencies:
* Organizational awareness
* Conceptual innovation in the provision of technical expertise
* Building strategic alliances and partnerships
* Job knowledge/technical expertise
Job Vacancies Requirements:
* Advanced University Degree in public health, medicine, sociology, demography, economics, international development, or other related field.
* Seven years of professional technical experience in the area of international development including public health, preferably reproductive health, of which two years at the international level;
* Strong technical knowledge and expertise in Reproductive health or Population and development. Strong coordination skills;
* Extensive network within the academic and development community;
* Field experience desired.
* Fluency in English, working knowledge of French, Spanish or another required UN official language desirable.
Job Vacancies UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender quality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
We offer an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the level of the position. The package includes a competitive salary plus housing allowance, home leave, health insurance and other benefits.
How to Apply:
UNFPA has established an electronic application management system. This allows applicants to create a candidate profile, which can be updated regularly and submitted for more than one vacancy.
Download the Step by Step Guide to Applying in the E-Recruit System of UNFPA at http://www.unfpa.org/employment/application_guide.doc. Please print out the Guide for your reference during the registration and application process. Notice: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
*No expectancy of renewal in accordance with UN Staff Regulations 4.5
Job Vacancies UNFPA, United Nations Population Fund
220 East 42nd Street
New York, New York 10017 USA
Telephone: +1 (212) 297-5000
Fax: +1 (212) 370-0201
Incoming search terms for the article:
- FS4FS5Exams@un org
- pligg content management system employee performance management software
- pligg content management system credit home mortgage
- pligg content management system part for academic credit at any institution
- pligg content management system home loan mortgage
- pligg content management system state map
- pligg content management system us constitution we the people
- pligg content management system open source university registration software
- www FS4FS5Exams@un org