Job Vacancies United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF)
Position Systems Officer
Department/ Office OFFICE OF THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Duty Station NEW YORK
Closing Date: Monday, 07 November 2011
Job Opening number 11-IST-UNJSPF ECEO-20827-R-NEW YORK
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Job Vacancies Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located in the Investment Management Division of the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund. Within delegated authority, the Application Systems Officer for Order Management and Portfolio Accounting & Reconciliation Systems will be reporting to the Senior Information Systems Officer.
Job Vacancies Responsibilities
-Perform enhancements, integration to trading platforms, and maintenance of a real-time order trading management system (Charles River), including maintenance of: configuration of users, groups, accounts, privileges, workflows, and custom system windows;
-Perform data quality assurance of supporting systems, as well as maintenance of batch processes, data import/export, and systems interfaces;
-Document business and system workflows, methodologies and customizations and outline detailed user requirements;
-Business analysis for Investment Management supporting processes (front-, middle, and back-office), identify application functionalities improvements;
-Develop interfaces for different investment application systems (Charles River & Murex), including: SWIFT Alliance and data feed systems such as Bloomberg Data License & API, Omgeo, MSCI Indexes, and any other data sources as needed;
-Support User-Acceptance-Tests (“UAT”) whenever system changes are performed;
-Configuration of Financial Information Exchange (“FIX”) protocol.
-Perform implementation, integration, and support of a portfolio accounting (back-office) and reconciliation systems (Murex);
-Apply all required upgrades and/or customizations to keep the systems compliant with best industry standards as well as end-users’s requirements;
-Develop ad-hoc investment reports as required by the Investment Officers;
-Maintaining all user security policies and acting as first security officer for business applications;
-Backup peer colleagues on matters related to IT application support, and risk and compliance system applications;
-Liaise with the application providers for technical support .
Job Vacancies Competencies
– Effectiveness in managing and supporting various investment supporting systems: real-time trading, portfolio accounting and reconciliation.
Planning and organization
– Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under his/her supervision.
– Advanced knowledge and experience on most investment systems applications supporting the investment processes (Straight-Through-Process) and its financial messaging communication protocols. Knowledge and experience of information systems disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
Job Vacancies Education
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in technology-related field such as information management , computer science, engineering, or the equivalent experience.
Job Vacancies Work Experience
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in the information technology field preferably at the international level. Experience in supporting order trading management and portfolio accounting & reconciliation systems. Major portfolio accounting and reconciliation systems (Murex) is desirable. Experience in: Java, OOPS, Oracle Enterprise 10g, Unix Solaris, as well as building system interface and/or integrating system (IDE and MQ) is desirable. Experience with market data providers (Reuters, Bloomberg, Thomson DataStream, etc), messaging communication protocols (FIX and SWIFT), interfacing with end-users in a mission critical environment and implementation, maintenance in Charles River Investment Management System (CRIMS) are desirable.
Job Vacancies Languages
Fluency in one of the working languages of the UN Secretariat, English or French, (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of the other is desirable. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage
Job Vacancies Assessment Method
The evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
Job Vacancies Special Notice
This post is a project post funded on a temporary basis. Extensions are subject to availability of funds.
Any candidate from a member organization of the UNJSPF applying for this post is considered as an internal candidate provided he/she has been appointed through the appointment and promotion procedures applicable in his/her respective organization.
Appointment at the United Nations is subject to mandatory adherence to the United Nations Financial Disclosure Programme. An appointment to the Investment Management Division (IMD) of the UNJSPF additionally requires compliance with the rules and regulations pertaining to IMD’s Code of Ethics, Personal Securities, Gift and Hospitality policies.
Extension of the appointment is subject to Extension of the mandate and/or the availability of the funds.
- Staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and to assignment by him or her. In this context, all staff are expected to move periodically to new functions in their careers In accordance with established rules and procedures.
- An impeccable record for integrity and professional ethical standards is essential. All staff of the Ethics Office are required to submit a financial disclosure statement upon appointment and annually thereafter.
- This vacancy is subject to availability of post.
Job Vacancies United Nations Considerations
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. (Charter of the United Nations – Chapter 3, article 8). The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Powered by Article Dashboard jobs for computer science majors
- pligg content management system traders general insurance
- pligg content management system employee training programs
- pligg content management system jobs for computer science majors
- pligg content management system contexts of science and technology
- Powered by Article Dashboard sound engineering jobs
- pligg content management system mission statement
- pligg content management system teen workout plans
- pligg content management system computer security group
- Powered by Article Dashboard information systems security