Job Vacancies United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF)
Location: United States of America ( The ), New York
Closing Date: Sunday, 03 June 2012
Org. Setting and Reporting
This post is found within the Investment Management Division (IMD) of the United Nations Joint workers Pension Fund (UNJSPF). The incumbent reports to the Chief of Operations.
Within delegated authority, the incumbent are to blame for the day-to-day management of the money Management & Reconciliation Unit of the Operations Section at IMD. This involves (a) supervising and overseeing the daily reconciliation of the investments and income of the Fund, and (b) supervising and overseeing the money management operations of the Fund’s investments.
- Coordinates the daily reconciliation of the investments of the Fund as well as money, holdings and income received by analysing and reviewing all daily exceptions and allocating them to the Finance Assistant s for investigation;
- Monitors and follows-up on unresolved problems that are a pair of days recent or older providing steerage and help with the resolution of a lot of complicated exceptions;
- Reviews and approves reconciling changes ready by the Finance Assistant s;
- Supervises the review of custodians and freelance master record keeper’s reconciliations, guaranteeing that deadlines are met;
- Oversees the upkeep of IMD’s internal back-office and reconciliations system with the help of IMD’s info Systems Section.
- Oversees the claims method establishing procedures and timelines to be followed and approves any compensation claims as a result thereof;
- Defines and establishes reconciliation procedures to be followed, operating with different sections of IMD to confirm cooperation, and prepares and updates relevant procedures manuals;
- Monitors company action processing by guaranteeing that investment managers communicate their choices to custodians inside the specified timeframe which custodians act in accordance with directions received;
- Monitors the performance of custodians and therefore the master record keeper and ensures that they meet their contractual obligations.
Cash Management :
- Ensures correct and timely submission of daily money projection reports so as to avoid overdrafts;
- Supervises multi-currency trade settlement activities so as to avoid trade fails;
- Monitors exceptions within the trade settlement method, investigates recurring issues and recommends long-term solutions
- Manages information maintenance in crucial back workplace systems (SWIFT, backoffice reconciliation and money management systems), developing procedures to confirm information integrity and reliability of settlement directions.
- Reviews and approves daily transactions and high worth money movements, and authorizes the gap and shutting of account codes;
- Defines and establishes money management procedures to be followed, and prepares relevant procedures manuals;
- Evaluates the capabilities of back-office money management and reconciliation systems and implements workflow improvements;
- Ensures compliance to correct internal controls, as well as the right configuration of back-office systems and verification that adequate security controls are in place to fits the money rules and regulations;
- Provides info required to reply to audit findings and drafts responses to audit observations and implement recommendations thereof within the space of money management and reconciliation;
- Participates within the development of strategic framework for the Operations Section;
- Provides back-up and support to the Chief of Operations in all administrative areas of the Operations Section as well as procurement, recruitment, technical and due diligence evaluations and budget preparation.
- Keeps abreast with developments within the business, particularly back-office investment and reconciliation systems;
- Performs different connected duties as needed.
- Professionalism :
Knowledge of operations, procedures and standards, as well as money management operations. Ability to use conceptual, analytical and evaluative skills in money management and investment operations. Ability to conduct freelance analysis and analysis, establish problems, formulate choices and build conclusions and suggestions. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates skilled competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and economical in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by skilled instead of personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with tough issues or challenges; remains calm in stressful things. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender views and guaranteeing the equal participation of ladies and men in all areas of labor.
- Teamwork :
Works collaboratively with colleagues to realize organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to find out from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final cluster call, even when such choices might not entirely mirror own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Coming up with & Organizing :
Develops clear goals that are according to agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates acceptable quantity of your time and resources for finishing work; foresees risks and permits for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, finance, accounting or connected field. A first-level university degree together with qualifying expertise could also be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Certification as a licensed Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) or equivalent is fascinating.
A minimum of 5 years of progressively accountable skilled expertise in accounting, finance and/or investment operations is needed. expertise in investment accounting and IPSAS information and knowledge would be a bonus.
Knowledge of investments and money markets is very fascinating. Ability to utilize SWIFT or similar secure payments system is very fascinating. Solid pc skills, as well as proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications are needed.
English and French are the operating languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, proficiency in oral and written English is needed. information of another UN official language is a bonus
Competency primarily based interviews.
Priority thought for vacancies at the P3 level are given to internal candidates and candidates who have passed a competitive examination.
Any candidate from a member organization of the UNJSPF applying for this post is taken into account as an enclosed candidate provided he/she has been appointed through the appointment and promoting procedures applicable in his/her respective organization.
Appointment at the United Nations is subject to necessary adherence to the United Nations money Disclosure Programme. a briefing to the Investment Management Division (IMD) of the UNJSPF additionally needs compliance with the foundations and laws concerning IMD’s Code of Ethics, Personal Securities, Gift and Hospitality policies.
United Nations issues
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and ladies to participate in any capability and underneath conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. (Charter of the United Nations – Chapter three, article 8). The United Nations Secretariat may be a non-smoking setting.
THE UNITED NATIONS doesn’t CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT method (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS doesn’t CONCERN ITSELF WITH info ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- pligg content management system arts degree
- pligg content management system art museum
- pligg content management system business license
- pligg content management system credit cards
- pligg content management system finance business money
- pligg content management system build business credit
- pligg content management system recording calls legal information
- pligg content management system legal research assistance
- pligg content management system free french internet radio
- pligg content management system legal