Job Vacancies United Nations International Computing Centre (UNICC)
Position: Enterprise Backup Administrator
Location: United States of America ( The ), New York
Closing Date: Thursday, 26 April 2012
Objectives of the programme:
The objectives of the Centre, as stated by its mandate, are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.
Description of duties:
The successful candidate will:
- Administer the Centres Enterprise Backup services striving to provide the highest level of service efficiency and availability while ensuring that stored data is accurate, up-to-date and meets the customers backup policy requirements.
- Coordinate with server administrators both at ICC and Customers sites to configure and monitor back-up services.
- Develop capacity planning techniques, apply these techniques and propose solutions to meet changing requirements and needs.
- Define backup data retention schedules to meet service objectives for each backed-up server.
- Develop processes to identify unnecessary backup data, liaise with customers to delete such data.
- Develop metrics and reports to monitor service, propose methods for improvement.
- Provide training and advice to end-users and potential users.
- Provide ad-hoc reports to management.
- Administer Enterprise Backup Service chargeback system.
- Provide stand-by services on a rotation basis during weekends, holidays and outside of normal working hours.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Skills
- University degree in computer or information science, mathematics or related field.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate is desirable.
- Extensive knowledge in the installation and administration of Enterprise Backup systems.
- Extensive knowledge of LAN, WAN as well as Internet technologies and protocols.
- Good knowledge of Storage Area Networks, Automated Tape Libraries and Tape/Disk Management products.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of VMware and virtualisation technologies is desirable.
- Knowledge of Service Level Management Principles is desirable.
- Five years or more of experience in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Three years or more of hands-on experience with enterprise backup systems management and administration.
- One year or more of hands-on experience with Linux or other UNIX-based operating systems.
ICC Global Competencies
- Communicating in a credible and effective way: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
- Knowing and managing yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflective way. Uses criticism as a development opportunity. Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
- Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
- Moving forward in a changing environment: Is open to and proposes new approaches and ideas. Adapts and responds positively to change.
- Expert knowledge of English is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of French is desirable.
Technical and/or personality tests may be carried out as part of the selection process.
Annual Salary Estimation: USD 92,850
(net of tax at single rate, inclusive of Post Adjustment)
Closing date for applications: 26/04/2012
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The ICC retains the right not to make any appointment for this vacancy, to make an appointment at a lower grade or to make an appointment with a modified job description or for shorter duration than indicated above.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Powered by Article Dashboard technology jobs
- Powered by Article Dashboard technology training
- Powered by Article Dashboard computer science
- Powered by Article Dashboard computer science job descriptions
- Powered by Article Dashboard computer science careers
- Powered by Article Dashboard scientific method
- Powered by Article Dashboard computer science degree jobs
- Powered by Article Dashboard science and technology center
- Powered by Article Dashboard salary for a computer science major
- Powered by Article Dashboard communication technology