Job Vacancies United Nations Foundation (UNF) / Better World Fund (BWF)
Launched at the GSM Mobile World Congress in 2009, the mHealth Alliance was created to help deliver quality health care at the furthest reaches of wireless networks. Innovation in wireless is revolutionizing health delivery models, making it easier to reduce childhood mortality, increase maternal health, and combat diseases such as HIV/AIDS and malaria. The Alliance fills a role as a global catalyst for driving mHealth to sustainable scale, unlocking the greatest possible benefit for public health in developing countries. Initial activities focus on:
- Bringing thought leadership to bear on the key barriers to mHealth
- Building a virtual global community of likeminded groups through an mHealth “public square”
- Defining global enterprise requirements and technology architecture, developing foundational applications, refining the health values, and finding sustainable business models
- In country deployments to show the improved health outcomes & value chains of data integration
Overview of Position
The Managing Director oversees all matters concerning the Thought Leadership activities of the Alliance, and is the substantive expert for the Alliance on the non-technical aspects of mHealth. S/he has responsibility for the planning and implementation of all thought leadership initiatives, including making the unit self-sustaining.
The Managing Director is a member of the mHealth Alliance team, working closely with all staff, consultants, and stakeholders.
The Managing Director reports to the Executive Director of the mHealth Alliance.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage the Thought Leadership department of the Alliance, including its individual projects, the Thought Leadership Committee, and fundraising and spending related thereto.
- Oversee the current Thought Leadership activities; ensure they are completed with a high degree of professionalism that identifies the Alliance as a true thought leader in this subject area.
- Manage “cross cutting projects” that involve aspects of other activity areas of the Alliance, when given such assignments.
- Ensure coordination between Thought Leadership activities and other Alliance activities, and with relevant United Nations Foundation activities.
- Oversee the formation of the Thought Leadership Committee, and properly staff it.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop a strategic plan to have the division advance the goals of the Alliance and become a successful, self-sustaining part of it.
- Supervise other Thought Leadership staff and consultants.
- Develop effective working relationships with relevant staff at UNF, UN agencies, and additional partners and coalition members.
- Represent the Alliance at meetings, conferences, and events concerned with mHealth issues.
- Provide written and in-person reports on Alliance activities as required.
The above provides a general description of the position’s responsibilities. It is not an exhaustive statement and should not be construed to exclude other assigned responsibilities or other responsibilities that might be assigned.
- Applicants must have a graduate degree in medicine or global public health.
- Significant experience in low and middle income countries, and in relevant professional activities.
- Passion for improving the health of disadvantaged persons in low and middle income countries.
- Strong spoken, analytical and writing skills in English. Public speaking ability. Foreign languages a plus.
- Ability to lead and grow highly visible part of the organization, including developing projects and ensuring they are funded.
- Ability to relate Alliance agenda to concerns of others, and to build coalitions around issues.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work to deadlines under pressure, and undertake independent problem solving.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Self starter and faster learner. Keen attention to detail.
- Team player a must. Skilled at “lifting up” less experienced staff.
- Stress tolerance and resilience.
- Ability to travel
UNF is located at 1800 Massachusetts Avenue, Suite 400 in Washington D.C. (Metro: Dupont Circle).
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please apply on-line at https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=506301
Requirements (only completed packages will be considered):
- Current résumé or curriculum vitae; and
- Cover letter addressed to Executive Director stating why you should be selected for this position.
- Only electronic applications will be accepted.
PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER AS ONE DOCUMENT OR CUT AND PASTE YOUR COVER LETTER INTO THE NOTES SECTION OF THE ONLINE APPLICATION.
UNF/BWF is an AA/EEO employer.
People of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Better World Fund jobs
- un foundation salaries
- worldfund jobs
- un foundation vacancies
- United Nations Foundation (UNF) / Better World Fund (BWF)
- unf bwf
- United Nations Foundation salary
- world fund jobs
- unfoundation jobs vacancies
- nib bank ethiopia job vacancy