Job Vacancies United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), January 2011
Job Vacancies United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
Position: Associate Information Systems Officer
Closing date: 31 Mar 2011
Location: United States of America (the) – New York
Under the overall guidance of the Chief, Communications and Information Management Service (CIMS), the Associate Information Systems Officer, will be responsible for the following duties:
Web application development
* Develop standardized methods of web site development, publishing and control at the departmental level, codify designs and produce web object libraries for use by developers and content providers;
* develop common access methods to United Nations data sources including document repositories, news feeds, newsletters, audio-visual files, e-conferences and other media; design, develop and implement systems for multi-lingual web site production including non-Latin alphabets; design, develop and populate supporting databases; document standard operating procedures; integrate with existing information systems;
* design and implement web-based applications and enhance existing information systems; provide support to users for major web-based applications developed and maintained by CIMS; troubleshoot and resolve user problems and respond and implement user requests; monitor and measure performance and continued effectiveness of maintained systems;
* provide guidance and advice to senior General Service staff.
Content production and technical assistance
* Assist divisional content managers with website design and production; review and test divisional web applications; prepare and update websites; introduce website management tools;
* prepare user instructions and tip sheets; disseminate information on organizational policies and standards; organize periodic meetings of information managers and technical support personnel to facilitate access to technological information and contribute to staff development;
* research and identify new tools and technologies; advise on information technology solutions and application of web technology in consideration of the needs of Member States at all levels of economic and social development;
* support divisions with technical part of recruitment process; assist in administrative matters related to contractors and procurement.
* Collect usage statistics for service planning purposes; analyse trends and prepare reports for senior managers; participate in evaluation of web services provided by central computing and public information offices;
* participate in inter-departmental working groups on United Nations internet, intranet and extranet policies and standards;
* assist with production of publishing and content retention schedules; negotiate with partners and supervise independent contractors; assess vendor proposals.
Communication with OICT
* Participate in facilitating communications between DESA and the Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT) for good client relations;
* Assist in the development and monitor of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) between DESA and OICT for all ICT services.
Perform other tasks as required.
A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in web / application development, planning and managing web-based applications and web sites.
Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in computer science information systems or related area. A first-level university degree with a combination of relevant academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Solid knowledge of Java, HTML, CSS and related web technologies. Experience in web design and web application design. Experience in user support for applications and infrastructure maintenance / troubleshooting would be an advantage; experience with collaboration tools, social media, web content management systems and web analytics tools desired.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Mr. Guenther Gross at email@example.com
Reference Code: RW_8D2U8S-28
Incoming search terms for the article:
- unesco vacancy 2011
- unesco jobs
- job vacancies in unesco
- UNESCO jobs 2011
- United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Job Vacancies
- vacancy unesco
- job vacancies at unesco
- UNESCO application for job
- job vacancy unesco 2011