Job Vacancies United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Position: Knowledge Management Consultant (MDG-F Gender Equality Thematic Window) Office-Based Assignment
Location: United States of America ( The ) , New York
Closing Date: Thursday, 15 September 2011
Job Vacancies Background
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has a longstanding commitment to mainstreaming gender equality and promoting women’s empowerment in its work. As the UN’s lead development agency, with extensive field presence, UNDP has facilitated the integration of gender equality in the work of Country Offices through core and non-core fund investments and has initiated and implemented numerous innovative initiatives, some in partnership with UNWomen, that support both government and civil society work on gender issues. Work on gender mainstreaming in UNDP is led and coordinated by the Gender Team, housed in the Bureau Development Policy (BDP), comprised of human resources located at HQ and Regional Centers.
The UNDP Gender Team is at the forefront of UNDP’s commitment to gender equality and women’s empowerment. The Gender Team is part of the Bureau for Development Policy (BDP) which provides policy advice and technical support to all of UNDP’s operations. The Gender Team works to implement gender equality as a core objective of UNDP through a two-pronged approach (i) mainstreaming gender in all core practices; and, (ii) dedicated interventions that empower women and promote gender equality. In order to advance their mandate, the Gender Team has developed the UNDP Corporate Gender Equality Strategy 2008-11 which outlines in detail how UNDP will work towards gender equality in each of the goals and key results set out in the UNDP Strategic Plan 2008-11 (GES). In addition to addressing the gender dimensions of each focus area, the Strategy sets out institutional arrangements which are aimed at ensuring oversight and commitment to achieving gender equality both within the organization and in the work of the organization.
The Director of the UNDP Gender Team also oversees the Gender thematic window of the MDG Achievement Fund.
The MDG Achievement Fund (MDG-F) is a United Nations resource that finances and supports national efforts to accelerate progress on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).The fund works through the UN and supports nearly 130 joint programmes under thematic windows in the areas of gender equality, youth employment, economic governance, culture and development, conflict prevention, environment, child nutrition and private sector.
The Gender Thematic Window of the MDG-F now funds 13 Joint Programmes of UN Country Teams globally with a total budget of $90 million. Through this window, the MDG Achievement Fund seeks to facilitate the achievement of MDG-3 and all other MDGs through interventions addressing gender equality and women’s empowerment. Ranging in focus from institutional capacity development to violence prevention and race relations, these 13 Joint Programmes represent a vast body of knowledge, lessons and good practices on the implementation of gender equality and women’s empowerment programming. The Director of the UNDP Gender Team, as the convener of the Gender Thematic Window, oversees the management of knowledge from the 13 Joint Programmes.
Through a set of specific deliverables as defined in this ToR, the Knowledge Management Consultant for the MDG-F Gender Window will help to capture and consolidate this valuable knowledge in order to facilitate the replication of good practices and learning during the MDG-F implementation period and beyond.
The Gender Team is organized into four clusters: Poverty; Environment; Governance and Crisis; and Institutional Development. The KM Consultant for MDG-F will work under the direct supervision of the Institutional Development Adviser/Cluster Leader.
Job Vacancies Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Institutional Development Adviser, and in close coordination with the Gender-Net Knowledge Management Team, the MDG-F Knowledge Management Consultant will undertake as his/her main task, support to the Community of Practice of MDG-F Gender Thematic Window Joint Program Partners to share and codify their lessons learned in joint programming for gender equality.
Under the supervision of the Institutional Development Adviser, the consultant will contribute to the following key deliverables:
1. Organize and facilitate global knowledge sharing workshop in early 2012:
* Manage the agenda, invitations, and logistical arrangements.
* Coordinate travel and accommodations for participants with the Gender Team and local UNDP offices.
* Under the supervision of the Institutional Development Advisor, coordinate and facilitate the workshop. This may be accomplished by the establishment of a facilitation team including workshop participants based on their expertise.
* Summary Report of workshop outcomes with recommendations of points for follow-up
2. Develop the MDG-F Gender Equality Thematic Window Global Space on Teamworks and consolidate the electronic community of practice before the end of March 2011.
* Increase membership and ensure subscriptions of all relevant MDG-F Gender participants to the online ‘Teamworks’ space.
* Population of the space with resources and content.
* Provide service and facilitate e-discussions, including the development of Consolidated Replies and News Updates.
* Provide support to joint program partners in the use of the ‘Teamworks’ electronic platform, including for the development of countries spaces.
3. Facilitate the joint development of lessons learned and good practices in joint programming for gender equality; to enhance delivery and results of the joint programs before the end of March 2011.
* Produce case studies which will lead up to a thematic report on the pioneering experiences of the joint programs in delivering as ‘One for Gender Equality’.
* Manage the project including financial management and reporting.
Job Vacancies Competencies
* In-depth substantive knowledge of development policy issues, particularly in the area of Gender Equality and women’s empowerment.
* Familiarity with current Knowledge Management technologies, including Web 2.0.
* Solid familiarity with current Knowledge Management technologies, including Web 2.0 and social media -based systems
* Familiarity with the UNDP work and approaches in the area of gender equality and women’s empowerment.
* Ability to focus on impact and results for partners , promoting and demonstrating an ethic of client service.
* Demonstrated well developed people management skills.
* Strong analytical, research and writing skills with demonstrated ability to think strategically.
Job Vacancies Required Skills and Experience
* Master’s Degree in Political Science, International Development, Public Administration, or Gender Studies.
* Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in international development assistance, gender equality, women’s empowerment.
* Previous experience in knowledge management approach and tools, including the usage of media and web 2.0. platforms.
* Prior experience with project management, including oversight and monitoring financial and substantive reporting, preferable at inter agency coordination and/or UNDP.
* Fluency in written and spoken English.
* Working knowledge of French or Spanish considered a strong advantage.
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
* Explaining why they are the most suitable for the work.
* Provide a brief methodology on how they will approach and conduct the work (if applicable)
2. Financial proposal
3. Personal CV including past experience in similar projects and at least 3 references
Documents to be included when submitting the proposals:
* The proposal from applicant should indicate all-inclusive the daily fee rate in US dollar.
At least two consultancy-related trips is anticipated
. UNDP will arrange travel by providing most direct and economy fare tickets, daily substance allowances and will cover terminal expenses. In the case of unforeseeable travel, payment of travel costs including tickets, lodging and terminal expenses should be agreed upon, between the respective business unit and Individual Consultant, prior to travel and should be reflected in the contract through processing an amendment.
* Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodology:
When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
* responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
* having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
* Technical Criteria weight; 70 points
Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in international development assistance, gender equality and women’s empowerment,
Previous experience of two years in knowledge management approach and tools,
Prior experience with project management, including oversight and monitoring financial and substantive reporting.
Prior experience in UN inter-agency work
Applicants obtaining a minimum of 49 points would be considered for the Financial Evaluation
The following formula has been used to evaluate financial proposal: p = y (μ/z)
p = points for the financial proposal being evaluated
y = maximum number of points for the financial proposal
μ = price of the lowest priced proposal
z = price of the proposal being evaluated
Due to large number of applications we receive, we are able to inform only the successful candidates about the outcome or status of the selection process. Applicants are required to fill and sign a P11 Form and submit it together with Curriculum Vitae on the online application.
The P11 Form may be obtained at
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Job Vacancies United Nations Development Programme
304 East 45th Street
Telephone: (212) 909-7940
Incoming search terms for the article:
- gender director vacancy september 2011
- undp 2011 vacancy knowledge management mdg october 2011
- culture and development JOb #p
- united nations knowledge management team leader in new york
- undp gender knolwedge management job
- Powered by Article Dashboard chinese visa application
- pligg content management system visa application center
- pligg content management system thematic
- pligg content management system lowest fare
- pligg content management system fuck politics