Job Vacancies United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Position: Communications Consultant
Closing Date: Thursday, 18 November 2010
Location: United States of America (The), New York
UNDP’s Office of Communications (OC) is the lead office for communications. It provides policy guidance, develops and implements global communications strategies to reach the media and other key constituencies with UNDP’s core message.
The OC is seeking a local communication consultant with strong writing skills for 4-5 weeks to enhance its editorial and communications capacity. The consultant will be part of the External Communications Team in New York.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide advice and technical support to UNDP/HQ Bureaus in developing communications activities and initiatives;
* Provide advice to UNDP/HQ Bureaus on communications tactics and media outreach as part of the roll-out of global campaigns and/or launching of flagship and other corporate publications and products;
* Draft, rewrite, and/or copy-edit and proof UNDP news briefs, website contributions and other material for public use on a deadline basis;
* Research, draft and/or edit talking points, briefing materials, articles, and op-eds for the Administrator, the Associate Administrator and other senior staff;
* Work in close consultation with communications colleagues in New York and in country offices to ensure that information and/or data provided in draft materials is complete and accurate;
* Perform other writing/editing duties as required.
* Demonstrated willingness to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment.
* Swift and solid writing and editing skills in English; fluency in another UN language an asset.
* Substantial knowledge of
the UN system in general; development issues and international political and economic affairs;
* Sound political judgment; Excellent computer skills;
Required Skills and Experience
The successful candidate should possess an advanced university degree in:
* Communications, journalism, international relations, law, development-related field, or equivalent combination of education and relevant professional experience;
* A minimum of 5 years practical experience at the international level in media, communications or advocacy, with special focus on writing and editing;
THIS VACANCY IS OPEN TO LOCALLY-BASED CONSULTANTS
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
United Nations Development Programme
304 East 45th Street
Telephone: (212) 909-7940
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Development Communication Jobs
- undp office of communications
- development communications 2010 november
- saps vacancies kzn
- development communication consultant
- UNDP’s Office of Communications (OC) 2011
- development and communications jobs
- United Nations consultancies media communications
- media communications job un
- jobs for communication development