Job Vacancies United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Position: Consultant: GLJE Systems Interface Section, OFA/BoM, New York
Closing Date: Monday, 29 November 2010
Location: United States of America (The), New York
UNDP implemented a global ERP, PeopleSoft (known internally as Atlas), in 2004. It is currently being used by UNDP offices in 139 countries. As part of an initiative to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the use of finance functionality in Atlas, UNDP has been reviewing its usage of the Atlas system, the quality of the data it produces, and the effort devoted to adjustments and reworks. In doing so it has become apparent that the GLJE is being used extensively, not only for corporate reporting adjustments but also to support regular business processes. This leads to challenges in terms of data quality, and the integrity and completeness of reports. It is also considered a control risk, given the level of flexibility inherent in the use of GLJEs.
An expert is sought to review the current and past usage of GLJEs within Atlas, with a view to identifying short and medium term improvements that would optimize the usage of delivered PeopleSoft functionality, improve the integrity of business process, improve the integrity and reliability of financial information, and reduce the unnecessary usage of GLJEs.
The expert shall be managed by and report to the Chief of the Systems Interface Section of the Office of Finance and Administration, and work closely with staff and the Chief of Applications Support from UNDP’s Office of Information Systems and Technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
The expert shall be working closely with the management and key staff from the Office of Finance and Administration, including the IPSAS adoption team, as well as Analysts and Developers from the Office of Information Systems and Technology, to identify with them practical steps to meet the objective that are consistent with the nature of operations in UNDP and within the technical architecture framework of PeopleSoft Financials 9.0 through preferably delivered functionality or targeted customizations.
In performing this task, the expert will:
* Identify and review the main usages of GLJEs, including sub-modules, and the business processes which those usages support
* Based on the findings of GLJE usage, recommend the appropriate PeopleSoft modules and process that should be utilized to support the desired business process and objectives
* Identify opportunities using existing PeopleSoft Financials functionality implemented by UNDP to reduce the usage of GLJEs, together with the appropriate system, security and other controls required to encourage compliance
* Identify opportunities using existing (but not yet implemented) PeopleSoft functionality to reduce the usage of GLJEs, together with the appropriate system, security and other controls required to encourage compliance
* Identify the areas where embedded best practice business processes with PeopleSoft can be leveraged at UNDP to achieve greater efficiencies
* To prioritize the opportunities identified based upon the costs, benefits, complexity, and risks associated to the current practices and the proposed new processes, including any efficiencies associated with the proposed recommendations
* The prioritization should identify quick wins in the usage of the system or opportunities to easily reconfigure the system, where a very minimal change management effort is involved, to ease the transition process away from the usage of GLJEs to Atlas functionality, and seek to align the proposed implementation of the recommendations with the IPSAS transition strategy
* Prepare a detailed report containing the analysis, findings and recommendations of the review to the satisfaction of Chief of the Systems Interface Section in consultation with the Chief of Applications Support.
Full knowledge transfer is essential throughout the engagement. The expert shall work closely with UNDP line managers to maximize the use of internal UNDP resources in undertaking the analysis, formulation of the plan and associated deliverables, and to make sure that at the end of the project, staff have acquired an extensive knowledge of the proposed solutions.
* Demonstrated understanding of the needs of stakeholders, as well as the financial framework and governance structures within which their proposed solutions must apply;
* Demonstrated ability to develop cost-effective solutions that add value to their client organisations, utilizing existing well-functioning processes or systems, and recommending processes changes and/or new systems that compliment the successful working practices within the client organization;
* Demonstrated capability to understand the varying issues facing financial operations spread globally, and to produce solutions that can be applied successfully to global operations;
* Ability to produce well written reports demonstrating analytical ability and communication skills.
Required Skills and Experience
* A professional accounting qualification from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy, or similar level of qualification in information technology management.
* Demonstrated experience to develop, adapt and apply best practice processes successfully to client organizations using PeopleSoft ERP systems;
* Knowledge and experience with PeopleSoft Financials version 9.0 and higher with expertise in the General Ledger and Commitment Control modules and a good working knowledge of AP,PO, AM, AR, BI, Treasury, Payroll, and Project Management sub-modules from an interaction perspective along with accrual based accounting (ideally IPSAS and/or IFRS).
United Nations Development Programme
304 East 45th Street
Telephone: (212) 909-7940
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- peoplesoft ATLAS
- united nations peoplesoft
- atlas peoplesoft
- United Nations ATLAS system
- peoplesoft rfp 2011
- world bank and rfp and peoplesoft
- Powered by Article Dashboard interactionist perspective
- undp peoplesoft
- undp peoplesoft project
- undp rfp march 2011 erp