Job Vacancies United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Position: Technical Consultant, Administrative Services Division
Location: United States of America ( The ), New York
Closing Date: Friday, 03 June 2011
In the United Nations Development Programme, Operations Services Section (OSS) of the Administrative Services Division (ASD) is responsible for asset management.
ASD is seeking the services of a consultant for two months, to prepare software/tools and documentation as per deliverables outlined below. In addition, within the 12 months following the two-month assignment, should system dysfunction occur, the consultant will provide free of charge any correction to the system. However, any modification or upgrade will be subject to a new contract.
The consultant will report to the OSS Manager within ASD.
Duties and Responsibilities
UNDP is seeking the development of software/tools that can analyse the Chart of Accounts recorded in the Asset Module and identify any omissions or errors from within the Chart of Accounts, and identify options to correct the Chart of Accounts by comparing seeking to identify the appropriate Projects and within projects Chart of Account combinations for individual assets. The software/tool will be used to seek to identify and or incorrect Chart of Accounts contained within the Asset Module, and identify the appropriate Chart of Accounts to be used for their correction,
UNDP uses People Soft for its ERP system, known internally as ‘Atlas’.
The developed software/tools will:
1. Have user maintenance – to manage which user could access which General Ledger (GL) Unit and Business Unit (BU) data, etc.
2. User will need to have access to the ERP (ATLAS) system
3. Extract the Asset in-service report from ATLAS or Microsoft Excel file
4. Using the project number from within the Chart of Accounts as the key field, extract Project and associated Award data and status -ongoing, running, budget availability (at least one 7 hundred GL account with at least 1 dollar approved budget) current year as well as future and past years as per the user request.
6. Compare Assets Chart of Account (COA) with project COA default in current year or in the year the user requests
7. Highlight omissions or errors in assets fields (mostly COA) including project
8. Offer options i.e. COA combinations of respective project/s per BU
9. Allow correction of Asset COA (overwrite by the COA of the chosen option) within database (outside of ATLAS)
10. Save data and extract it in Microsoft Excel
Demonstrates professional competence and is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results
Remains calm and in control, and good humored even under pressure
Demonstrates respect and a clear interest in people by what he/she says and does
Drive to Achieve Results
Focuses on achieving results for external and internal clients
Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
Required Skills and Experience
A very good understanding and thorough knowledge of SQL
Knowledge of ERP systems (Familiarity with PeopleSoft is an advantage)
Advanced usage of Microsoft tools particularly MS Excel
Relevant Work Experience
Knowledge of UNDP operations
Knowledge of ATLAS fields
Demonstrated experience to develop software
Previous experience within UNDP in developing software is an asset
Note to the applicants:
Applicants must submit their CV/Resume along with the summary of their approach to this assignment and if possible Demo of their approach.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
United Nations Development Programme
304 East 45th Street
Telephone: (212) 909-7940
Incoming search terms for the article:
- asset coa correction
- pligg content management system organisation
- pligg content management system office computer security
- pligg content management system erp
- pligg content management system computer security risk and safegaurds
- pligg content management system approach to computer security
- erp software for undp
- coa job vacancy 2011
- coa job vacancies