Job Vacancies United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Position: Spanish (speaking) Web Editor, Home based
Closing Date: Friday, 08 April 2011
Location: United States of America ( The )
The MDG Achievement Fund is a United Nations resource that finances and supports national efforts to accelerate progress on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). Our work aims to:
* Positively impact the status of the MDGs and tackle inequality;
* Increase national ownership and civil society participation;
* Improve aid effectiveness by building on the collective strength of the United Nations.
We work through the UN in support of national Governments, local authorities and civil society towards:
* Implementing joint programmes that strengthen public policy development and ensure measurable impact on select MDGs;
* Engaging in advocacy and mobilization efforts that keep the MDGs high on the political agenda;
* Learning through continuous monitoring and evaluation using these to scale up and inform future action.
The MDG-F supports 128 joint programmes in 49 countries of five regions around the world. The main areas of work are: gender equality and women’s empowerment, child nutrition and food security, youth employment and migration, economic governance, culture and development, conflict prevention and peace building, environment and climate change and development and the private sector. The MDG-F has a Secretariat based in New York that works directly with UN Country Teams in the various countries of operation.
The MDG-Fund has recently redesigned and launched its new global website incorporating a Content Management System as well as other design and technical features which allow it to reflect, through multimedia, its various programmes (www.mdgfund.org). Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Advocacy & Communications Advisor, the Global –English/Spanish-Web Editor will be responsible for the day to day management of the content of the MDG-F website, ensuring that the site is a dynamic space with increased web presence over time.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the MDG-F Advocacy & Communication Advisor and the Global Web Editor the Spanish speaking Web Editor will be responsible for the creation of the MDG-F Spanish web content as well as the translation or interpretation of material produced in English. This will require research into media stories as well as active engagement with the MDG-F Secretariat and country teams at the national level to develop a range of communication materials that can be displayed on the MDG-F website. This includes human interest stories, photo documentations, news/media stories and video uploads. The work of the incumbent will result in a dynamic and active website that communicates effectively to target audiences and has a demonstrated increase in web presence over time. The main geographical area of focus will be Latin America where we have 54 joint programmes.
* Work closely with the Global Web Editor to maintain www.mdgfund.org and http://www.mdgfund.org/es with written and multimedia content that is clear, concise, vivid, and conveys key messages to target audiences on the Web. Ensure that all content is timely, accurate and compelling;
* Regularly prepare, write and edit new web content posting it to the Spanish and English website (a rate of two new substantive postings per week is expected);
* Liaise with focal points in Latin America to extract and refine communication products from their programmes that can be posted on MDG Fund site and used for global communication purposes;
* Provide guidance to country offices on the production of multimedia materials that are targeted and in line with MDG Fund global messages;
* Liaise with translators and Global web editor to ensure all three language sites reflect the same content;
* Research and organize all media clippings on MDG-F programmes in priority countries and ensure that the material is ready to post on website in accessible manner;
* Produce human interest stories that give a “human face” to the MDG and development work that the MDG-F is supporting in various countries;
* Contribute and to the formulation and implementation of the web marketing strategy;
* Research/organize a photo gallery of MDG-F photos that can be used on website and elsewhere;
* Liaise with the MDG-F Technical Web Manager on technical issues of site;
* Regularly review website content, design and functionality to ensure updates are reflected; make recommendations to improve design and functionality and ensure quality implementation;
* Assume the quality control function of all material that is uploaded to the MDG-F website from country teams. This is done by the country level focal points through the content management system;
* Respond to occasional content related requests for support from website users;
* Develop and manage relationships with external providers of communication resources, specifically graphic designers, web designers, programmers, developers, printers, and others;
* Analyze traffic statistics and report on a monthly basis relevant information.
Deliverables and Timelines:
Payments will be made on a monthly basis calculated on the basis of a maximum of 20 days (8 hour days) per month.
Payments will be made on the satisfactory delivery of the following products and the appropriate management of associated processes needed to achieve them:
* 8 web programme stories posted to the MDG-F website per/month.
* One monthly tracking and production of MDG-F global media stories.
* One monthly analysis of web traffic reflecting a steady increase in visits (achieved through marketing strategy).
* Monthly organization and selection of high quality MDG-F photos that can be used for web and other print materials.
* Monthly review and quality control of all submissions from MDG-F countries to website
This job will require regular interaction often face to face with the MDG-F Secretariat. This incumbent does not need to be based in New York but does need to be available for these regular interactions. The cost of any travel will have to be borne by the incumbent not the Secretariat.
* Ability to work in cross cultural setting and with a large team.
* Knowledge of social communication and development would be an asset.
* Ability to work under pressure and according to tight timelines.
Required Skills and Experience
* University degree or equivalent in Communications, Journalism, International Relations, Fine Arts or related fields.
* 3-5 years of relevant experience in communications, journalism or multimedia, including significant experience with web publishing.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey messages and develop content that is creative, compelling and reflective of real life stories.
* Demonstrated experience working with and creating content for multilingual global websites.
* Experience using a Content Management System (preferably Drupal 6.13).
* Must possess working knowledge of Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, basic Flash and Fireworks.
* Familiar with online video publishing and knowledge of online social networking desirable.
* Interest in and familiarity with international development, the Millennium Development Goals and the work of the United Nations desirable.
* Strong coordination skills, good time management and results oriented.
* Should have a good sense of design and basic page layout.
* Fluency in Spanish and English, good working knowledge of French would be a strong asset.
Documents to be included in the application only 1 file can be uploaded
* Brief expression of interest (max. 250 words);
* A current and complete C.V. in English with indication of 3 references as well as the permanent e-mail and phone contact.
* Duly completed Personal History Form (P11) can be downloaded from http://www.undp.org.me/files/jobs/index.html
* The Secretariat will cross check your previous work experience and expertise;
* If shortlisted the Secretariat may ask the applicant to share one or various of his/her previous works to asses competencies and skills of the applicant.
The economic bids should include:
* A monthly lump sum.
The Secretariat will do cumulative analysis in selecting the best candidate 70% for Technical and 30% for financial.
Assessment is done based on technical criteria (worth 70%) and the financial offer (worth 30%). The main criteria assessed will be:
* Experience and ability to create content for multilingual website in creative and effective way;
* Ability to manage web content including familiarity with multimedia-online video, photo, press, human stories etc. (75% weight goes to substantive non-technical aspects of content management and 25% weight goes to familiarity with technical aspects of uploading) ;
* Familiarity with promoting websites, marketing techniques to increase traffic;
* Written and oral language skills Spanish/ English/French/ (75% goes to written expression and 25% to oral- tested through written component of interview).
Note:THE MDG-F applies fair and transparent selection process that would take into account the competencies/skills of the applicants.
Due to large number of applicants, we will contact only the shortlisted candidates.
To inquire further for UNDP IC Generic Terms and Conditions, please follow this link:
This is a local post, therefore only candidates who meet residency eligibility criteria need apply. (i.e. USA Citizens, Green Card Holder and UN Common System Staff residing in the USA with valid G4 Visas)
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
United Nations Development Programme
304 East 45th Street
Telephone: (212) 909-7940
Incoming search terms for the article:
- pligg content management system state fair
- pligg content management system fine arts
- pligg content management system history museum
- UN job opportunities for FIne Arts
- pligg content management system interest credit card
- pligg content management system new york state child support
- pligg content management system arts degree
- pligg content management system fine art
- pligg content management system creation story
- pligg content management system art photography galleries