Job Vacancies United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Position: Consultant – Financial Reporting and Systems Analysis
Location: United States of America ( The ), New York
Closing Date: Sunday, 10 July 2011
UNDP is currently in the process of converting their accounting systems and procedures from the United Nations System Accounting Standards (UNSAS) to International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) with an effective date of 1 January 2012.
Under accrual-based accounting transactions and other events are recognized when they occur (and not only when cash or its equivalent is received or paid). Consequently, transactions and events are recorded in the accounting records and recognized in the Financial Statements of the periods to which they relate.
Agency Unit of UNDP is responsible for recording, reconciling and reporting transactions between 176 UNDP country offices and 60 other UN agencies. As part of the preparation for IPSAS, UNDP is reviewing the current processes and financial reports of this Unit to ensure that these processes and financial reports are IPSAS compliant effective from 1 January 2012. The consultancy is required to support this review process by developing transition plan, reviewing and documenting the current processes, identifying the gaps, developing new IPSAS compliant processes, revamping the financial systems and reports to ensure compliance with IPSAS.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and supervision of the Manager, Agencies Services, the consultant is required to:
* Draft a transition plan to move the agency reporting from UNSAS basis to IPSAS basis.
* Review and document current processes (including data loading process). Identify gaps and changes required to make these processes IPSAS compliant.
* Review current financial reports. Identify and incorporate changes required for IPSAS. Determine if any new reports are required.
* Identify changes required in the financial systems to comply with IPSAS. Prepare business requirements. Liaison with IT team to incorporate these changes. Assist with users’ acceptance tests (UAT).
* Determine if there is any possible impact on opening balances (i.e. balances as of 1 January 2012) because of IPSAS adoption. Communicate the impact to country offices and require them to report the opening balances.
* Assist with communicating these IPSAS changes to other UN agencies. Develop and issue IPSAS compliant year-end closure guidance (including procedures to determine IPSAS complaint opening balances) to these agencies.
* Determine if any changes/updates required in report mapping process due to recent changes in the General Ledger account codes. Assist with incorporating and testing these changes.
* Update policies and procedures documents where necessary.
* Assist with the preparation of training material.
* Assist the management in reviewing, documenting and revamping other processes and financial reports, as required.
* Transition plan
* Process documentation
* Revamped/new IPSAS compliant reports
* Determination of opening balances
IPSAS compliant year-end closure guidance
* Revamped/updated report mapping, as required
* Revised policies and procedures, as required
* Demonstrates commitment to the mission, vision and values of the UN System.
* Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with agency staff at HQ and across all regions.
* Experience in driving and implementing system changes.
* Detailed knowledge of process mapping, risk management, accounting practices, and assurance procedures.
* High degree of proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* Contributes effectively in team-based activities.
* Effectively applies existing knowledge to improve performance.
* Analyzes problems logically leading to fact-based practical recommendations.
* Shares knowledge and experience.
* Good influencing skills and ability to work under tight deadlines.
Required Skills and Experience
* Advanced university degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or a professional accounting qualification certificate from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy.
* Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in process mapping and implementing system changes.
* Fluency and proficiency in English is required.
* Knowledge of French or Spanish an asset.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
United Nations Development Programme
304 East 45th Street
Telephone: (212) 909-7940
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Powered by Article Dashboard business license washington state
- Powered by Article Dashboard circulatory system
- Powered by Article Dashboard regional acceptance complaints
- Powered by Article Dashboard circulatory system parts powerpoint
- pligg content management system digestive system
- Powered by Article Dashboard washington business license
- pligg content management system get a business license
- Powered by Article Dashboard digestive tract
- Powered by Article Dashboard business process management consulting
- Powered by Article Dashboard business process improvement consultant