Job Vacancies United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Position: Consultant – Treasury Accounting
Location: United States of America ( The ), New York
Closing Date: Wednesday, 20 July 2011
The Treasury Accounting Unit is responsible for the following UNDP financial accounting functions:
* Bank account reconciliations
* Investment and foreign exchange transaction accounting and reporting
* Accounting for revenue and receivables.
The units seeks the services of an external consultant to provide support and assistance for specified financial and management accounting initiatives with the aim of ensuring effective and transparent utilization of UNDP’s financial resources. The system UNDP utilizes for financial accounting is PeopleSoft ERP version 9.0.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief, Treasury Accounting Unit, the consultant’s responsibilities will cover the following:
Review the appropriateness and efficiency of automated interest allocation process which annually apportions a pool of interest to projects, including the following
* Review and document the allocation program logic and algorithm; make recommendations as appropriate for improvements.
* Review the process of gathering information used as inputs to the allocation process including exception identification and management as well as updating Fund Code reference numbers in the allocation tree.
* Review the process of posting interest allocation results and recording post-allocation adjustments.
* Review and document the impact the adoption of IPSAS will have on interest allocation methodology.
* Review guidelines on recording and utilization of interest and in consultation with the Manager, Financial Policy and create/update/revise as appropriate.
Review and revise the Donor Tree structure in the PeopleSoft ERP system including the following:
* Discuss and document the structure of the donor tree with relevant organizational units and make changes as appropriate.
* Identify duplicate donor codes; document the impact of clean-up on historical data. Clean duplicates as agreed by management.
* Review the process of establishing new donor codes and make recommendations to streamline the process.
* Identify inactive donor codes and disable the codes in PeopleSoft ERP.
* Review existing policy and procedural guidance related to the establishment of new donor codes. In consultation with the Manager, Financial Policy update/revise as appropriate.
Analyze US Department of State Grants to establish status of grants:
* Liaise with Key internal unit to establish status of grants and expenditures.
* Close out expired grants including completing necessary US Department of State forms.
* Update PeopleSoft ERP to reflect status of all US Department of State Grants including entering a US Department of State – certification code in the PeopleSoft ERP system.
* Completes other ad hoc assignments as instructed by the supervisor.
* Complete projects timely and accurately with regular progress updates to the Chief, Treasury Accounting.
* Prepare a procedures manual on the interest allocation process that includes details of the allocation logic, key variables/ inputs /outputs, other process dependences, establish and document a process for updating the logic and capturing key data variables, identify key controls and checks to the process and indentify key user reports.
* Based on inputs from the various stakeholders, formulate and document a formal process for maintaining the donor tree and make recommendations as appropriate.
* Perform an analysis of US Department of State Grants and close out all expired grants. Ensure all necessary updates to the PeopleSoft ERP are performed, coordinating with key internal counterparts in Treasury Accounting Unit.
* Demonstrates commitment to UNDP mission, vision and values
* Ability to perform a broad range of specialized activities related to financial and human resources management
* Strong IT skills with experience in PeopleSoft
* High degree of proficiency in MS Office especially in Excel
* Contributes effectively in team-based activities
* Effectively applies existing knowledge to improve performance
* Analyzes problems logically leading to fact-based practical recommendations
* Shares knowledge and experience
* Proven project management skills.
* Strong written, verbal and analytical skills.
Advance knowledge of spreadsheets and database packages.
Required Skills and Experience
* Advanced degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting, Finance or any other related discipline.
* Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in trouble shooting data problems and reconciling accounts.
* Fluency in written and spoken English.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
United Nations Development Programme
304 East 45th Street
Telephone: (212) 909-7940
Incoming search terms for the article:
- United Nations System Accounting
- consultant programme review un
- treasury vacancy in united nations
- undp treasury
- UNDP Treasury Accounting
- vacancies treasury tanzania 2011