Job Vacancies United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Position: Communications Consultant – Implementation Of The Agenda For Organizational Change
Location: United States of America ( The )
Closing Date: Wednesday, 03 August 2011
In April 2011, the Administrator of UNDP launched An Agenda for Organizational Change Lifting UNDP Performance from Good to Great.
To support the implementation of the Agenda for Organizational Change, an Organizational Change Steering Group provides high level oversight and guidance of the change process and advises the Executive Group. The Strategy and Change Implementation Group (SCIG) has been formed in the Executive Office of UNDP and has been charged with advising on the implementation of the agreed organizational change agenda and processes and coordinating the strategic agenda.
The work of the SCIG includes advising on the development and coordination of the detailed overall organizational change implementation plan, including timelines, task ownership, and resource requirements; coordination of regular implementation progress reports to the Organizational Change Steering Group, the Administrator and the Executive Group; support to implementation of specific change actions and liaison with specific task groups; support for staff engagement in the organizational change agenda and broader behavioral and culture change; and support for internal and external communication regarding the change agenda.
The present terms of reference are for a consultant to provide services to the SCIG for the implementation of a comprehensive communications strategy to support the Agenda for Organizational Change. The consultant will work in close consultation with the Senior Adviser, SCIG as well as other team members as required, and will provide strategic communications advice as well as develop and manage specific communications products. The conusultant will on an regular basis, assess the effectivenes of the communications strategy and provide advice on ways to improve its targeting and reach.
Duties and Responsibilities
In the context of support for an organizational change program, the consultant is expected to provide the following services:
* Provide strategic advice on information and communication modalities and messaging to support the overall strategic directions and implementation of the change agenda
* Implement and refine on an ongoing basis a strategic internal communication plan that builds staff participation and engagement in the change agenda
* Develop multiple communications approaches, modalities and products that respond to the decentralized nature of UNDP’s operations, including through the use of web based mediums, and identify innovative opportunities for enhancing outreach and communication and building ownership
* Liaise with the Office of Communications to ensure close linkages between communications on the change agenda and the organization-wide communications strategy
* Manage regular organizational ‘pulse surveys’ on the change agenda, analyse the findings and incorporate those findings on ongoing communications strategies, modalities and products
* Provide input into speeches and other messaging and in other ways support external communication on the Agenda for Organizational Change
* Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
* In depth understanding of effective media and communication practices
* Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing a complex communication strategy
* Demonstrated ability in utilizing effectively a range of communication tools
* Experience in developing and implementing staff engagement strategies, including in a decentralized environment.
* Ability to cultivate productive working relationships, undertake consultation, negotiate and work collaboratively as part of a small team and build and maintain alliances and networks of partners, colleagues and interest groups
* Creative and energetic approach to communications and outreach
* Ability to work independently, against tight deadlines.
Required Skills and Experience
* Advanced university degree in communications or a related field.
* Minimum 5-10 years experience in the communications field
* Proven results in designing and implementing strategic communications plans.
* Extensive international-level experience as a communications professional.
* Solid background and experience working in advocacy communications
* Knowledge of United Nations system, particularly the communications system and understanding of international development issues
* Flexible and used to working independently and delivering quality results against tight deadlines.
* Proficient in Word, Powerpoint and Excel and web-based communications solutions
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
* Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills in English
* Fluency in a second UN language is an asset.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
United Nations Development Programme
304 East 45th Street
Telephone: (212) 909-7940
Incoming search terms for the article:
- 2011 August English editor vacancy consultant
- undp program implimentation jobs
- pligg content management system military organization
- pligg content management system high performance work environment
- culture and communication vacancies 2011
- Powered by Article Dashboard writing a reference for an employee
- terms of reference consultant editor writer communications
- TERMS OF REFERENCE for consultant editor
- 2011 vacancy united nations august communications editing
- uNITED NATION SCIG