Job Vacancies United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Position: Temporary Appointment: Administrative Assistant OHR/BOM
Location: United States of America (The), New York
Closing Date: Sunday, 27 February 2011
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the Administrative Assistant ensures effective and efficient administrative services in OHR promoting a client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach. The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with staff in different OHR units (including OHR staff based in Copenhagen and in LRC) in support of general administrative functions.
The incumbent not only implements set of administrative functions but also supports implementation of the Long Service Award (LSA) scheme, corporate OHR function, ensuring full confidentiality in all aspects of this function and managing information flow and follow-up on LSA submissions, queries, deadlines and commitments made. In order to achieve results in LSA area the Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with UNDP staff in country offices and in HQ units and applies the corporate Guidance Note governing implementation of the LSA.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
* Effective and efficient administrative services provided to different OHR units;
* Effective administrative support to corporate functions including distribution of tax cheques and dispatch of issued UN LPs;
* Timely and accurate administrative services in support of implementation of Long Service Award scheme
Ensures effective and efficient administrative services focusing on achievement of the following results:
* Assistance in general administrative functions, including disposal of assets, liaison with UNDP maintenance units on move of assets, fixing and repairs of assets on the floor;
* Support to implementation of physical verification control of assets in coordination with ICT Associate;
* Dispatch of official correspondence and issued UN LPs and issue of monthly reports to reconcile payment invoices to couriers;
* Distribution of tax cheques liaising with the UN Tax unit and staff members working in UNDP and in different Agencies; providing responses on the tax related queries;
* Support to preparation of cost-recovery bills for the OHR services and verification of calculations taking into account number of processed transactions;
* Support to organization of travel including purchase of tickets, DSA calculation for Operations staff; arrangement of shipments; conference facilities arrangements and visa support;
* Leave monitoring implemented for Operations staff using Absence Management module of Atlas and handling attendance related matters;
* Monthly update and posting of OHR telephone list on OHR website; annual update of telephone directory of OHR for UN and UNDP phone books; ordering of name plates and telephone extension transfers for OHR staff;
* Maintenance of rosters of high-level partners and telephone lists of vendors of out-sources services. Preparation of correspondence and comments on behalf of supervisor and making follow-up when required;
* Preparation of high quality briefing and presentation materials for meetings and missions developing graphs and trends analysis based on available statistics;
* Maintenance of the filing system of Operations unit ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Support to enhancements in filing system of operations files; use of digital filing system. Closure of processes as well as filing and archiving of OHR files.
Provides administrative and logistical support to SSA/IC management, technical reviews and organizing OHR events focusing on achievement of the following results:
* Provision of information and support to SSA/IC advertising, obtaining all necessary documentation to post the SSA/IC vacancies;
* Preparation of review documents for screening, interview panels and selection committees;
* Logistics support to technical evaluation panels and coordination of the travel arrangements for SSA/IC holders;
* Maintenance and update of SSA/IC files;
* Data search, compilation, provision of the necessary information and reports on SSA/IC management. Support to implementation of sourcing strategy and maintenance of vendor’s database;
* Placing orders to purchase office supplies and stationery, preparing monthly account of purchases and supporting verification of corporate card transactions;
* Backstops contracting function in OHR when Contracting Associate is away from the office.
Supports implementation of the Long Serving Award scheme focusing on achievement of the following results:
* Maintenance of the LSA awards database and archive, update of staff information and statistics;
* Calculation of the years of service using available HR data;
* Efficient administration of the work flow and communications with staff members on the LSA related matters;
* Establishment of the monitoring systems for work in progress informing the supervisor on the status of pending requests, deadlines and queries;
* Support to preparation of the LSA reports for monitoring, statistical and review purposes by management;
* Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken;
* Screening and routing of all incoming calls and incoming and outgoing correspondence related to the LSA; management of LSA filing system;
* Presentation of proposals to eliminate bottlenecks in the implementation of LSA scheme and streamline of existing procedures.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of administrative services in OHR. Accurate presentation of information strengthens the credibility of provided services and contributes to the successful implementation of the OHR objectives and work plan.
* Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
* Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability. Ability to communicate effectively and work in teams
* Development and Operational Effectiveness
* Ability to perform a variety of general operations activities related to administration, cost recovery, asset and SSA/IC management.
* Ability to perform a variety of standard non-specialized tasks and work processes that are fully documented, researched, recorded and reported.
* Ability to review a variety of accounting data, to identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and support resolution of operational problems.
* Ability to perform work of confidential nature
* Strong IT skills, knowledge of Excel, web browsing programmes and ERP
Client-oriented and Self-Management:
* Focuses on result for the client
* Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
* Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
* Demonstrates openness to change
* Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
* Ability to perform a broad range of administrative activities aimed at effective and efficient functioning of OHR units
* Ability to provide inputs to business processes re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of existing and new HR data management systems.
Required Skills and Experience
* Secondary Education with specialized accounting and administrative training.
* University Degree is desirable, but it is not a requirement.
* UN Secretarial Examination
* ICDL or Computer proficiency
* 5 years of progressively responsible accounting and administrative experience is required at the national or international level.
* Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), advanced knowledge of automated systems, experience in handling of web based management systems and handing confidential data.
* Fluency in English and working knowledge of another UN language would be an asset.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
United Nations Development Programme
304 East 45th Street
Telephone: (212) 909-7940
Incoming search terms for the article:
- UN temporary jobs
- paho appoints consultants for erp project
- un temporary appointment
- undp temporary jobs
- temporary job united nations
- powered by phpBB frequency distribution
- sunday observer job vacancies of accounting posting 13 february in 2011
- united nations environment programme temporary jobs
- Data Archiving job vacancies in un
- Powered by Article Dashboard army unit identification code lookup