Job Vacancies United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Position: Consultant: Financial Data/Business Analyst
Closing Date: Thursday, 16 December 2010
Location: United States of America (The), New York
The Office of Finance and Administration (OFA), Bureau of Management, is a dynamic and results driven office of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). OFA contributes to the global development agenda of UNDP by being a strong partner with other part of UNDP, promoting clear and strong financial reporting and analysis to ensure accountability and compliance with UNDP’s financial and administrative regulatory framework.
OFA is responsible for the global financial operations of UNDP. The organization receives income, from variety of sources of funds, in excess of US$ 5 billion per annum. OFA’s activities involve financial management and funding operations of office located in 166 countries which include financial analysis, reporting, and financial risk management.
The incumbent shall report to the Advisor, Financial Analysis within the Directorate of OFA.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Advisor, Financial Analysis, the incumbent shall perform the following duties:
* Develop, write, modify and run queries to extract and organize financial information from multiple data sets based on Oracle/PeopleSoft ERP (UNDP’s Atlas System) and OBIEE (Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition);
* Assist the Advisor in providing in-depth analysis of UNDP’s resources including Trust Funds and Cost-Sharing;
* Assist in developing models to enhance better financial monitoring, internal control and risk mitigation measures from an IT reporting perspective;
* Assist in developing models to ensure data integrity and completeness from an IT reporting perspective;
* Assist on financial data extraction from OBIEE for OFA units;
* Other duties as requested by the supervisor.
* Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
* Treats all people fairly without favoritism
* Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
* Excellent critical reasoning and problem solving skills?
Knowledge Management and Learning
* Development and Operational Effectiveness
* Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change
* Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
* Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
* Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
* Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Required Skills and Experience
* University degree in accounting and/or finance, or, in a related discipline
* Professional qualification in accountancy from an internationally recognized institute of chartered accountants, is a distinct advantage
* Minimum of three to five years technical experience in financial data extraction and analysis in a large corporate environment;
* In depth expert knowledge of standard query languages (e.g., SQL/SQR);
* Experience with Oracle/PeopleSoft ERP systems;
* Knowledge of OBIEE (Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition).
* Fluency in English. Working knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
United Nations Development Programme
304 East 45th Street
Telephone: (212) 909-7940
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- daily trust newspaper of 16 dec 2010
- Consultant: Financial Data/Business Analyst OFA
- vacancies in daily trust newspaper
- daily trust vacancies
- United Nations Financial Analyst
- daily trust newspaper 25 jan 2011
- finance development program December 2010
- undp financial analyst
- undp finance development December
- vacancies on dailytrust newspaper