Job Vacancies United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Position: Information Architect User Interface Designer
Location: United States of America, New York
Closing Date: Wednesday, 17 August 2011
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. UNDP works through 136 country offices to provide development advocacy, advice and assistance to 166 countries in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Arab States, Eastern Europe, CIS, Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Office of Information Systems and Technology (OIST) is UNDP’s primary provider of ICT services. Within OIST, the Intranet Project Team is responsible for the overall introduction and roll-out of the UNDP corporate SharePoint platform. The Intranet Project Team provides advisory services on technical and content structure challenges to UNDP Business Units. At this point in time the Intranet Project Team is supporting business community in accelerating migration of contents from legacy environment to the new SharePoint environment.
In addition, OIST also takes on major role in launching the new branding for the intranet as well as architecting the intranet to foster consistency and congruency across the new intranet platform. To this end, OIST is seeking to engage an information architect/user interface designer, to support OIST in solidifying the current intranet information architect and provide hands-on support in the migration of the system, including the launch of new branding.
Duties and Responsibilities
The key tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The Information Architect/UI Designer will work as a member of the SharePoint Intranet team designing intranet sites. In this role, the Information Architect/UI Designer will work to create an intuitive and cohesive look, feel and overall user experience for the end customer/user.
As a part of the Intranet Project Team, the consultant will perform the following tasks:
Assist in Planning of the New Branding Release (August –October):
* Technical Aspect: The release of the new branding will require delivery of different technical components. The plan should outline these activities to ensure that necessary technical tasks are executed for the successful launch
* Content Assurance: The release of the new branding will require format adjustment to the existing sites and links to the legacy contents. The plan should be comprehensive in addressing the contents completeness so that all pages in the new intranet will display appropriate contents in appropriate format
* Communication and User Adaption: The release of the new branding is expected to project a new image of the intranet with capability to enhance work productivity. The plan should include promotional activities as well as training interventions in order to facilitate user adaptation process
Assist in Execution of the plan including (September–November:
* Monitoring of project execution
* Monitoring of vendor and partner performance
* Organization of events and meetings
* Drafting of communication material
Provide hands-on and direct implementation support for the Sharepoint user interfaced design (November – January):
* SharePoint application development
* Iterative prototyping and usability testing with end users
Collaborate with existing 3
party solution provider on look-and-feel integration (August—January)
* Demonstrate integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards
* Advocates and promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
* Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
* Treats all people fairly without favouritism
* Ability to assess problems and solve them with a strong sense of urgency
* Must be able to handle aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple responsibilities
* Analytical and creative thinker
* Strong communication and organizational skills are critical to success
* Well versed in usability concepts as they apply to web-based (intranet) applications
* Ability to create requirements documentation, page wireframes, and other related deliverables including: wireframes, workflow diagrams, mockups, interaction flows, and design specifications required for proper implementation, using tools such as: MS Visio, Expression Blend/SketchFlow, IntranetFactory, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator or similar tools.
* He/she is a problem solver, quick study, self-starter and excellent communicator who possess a passion for great user experience and the ability to achieve the project vision. Work closely with a cross-functional team that includes managers, developers, subject matter experts and other designers to create polished and refined intranet sites and enhancements.
Required Skills and Experience
* Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Management, Communications, Human Computer Interaction and/or any other related fields is required. Preference will be given to individuals enrolled in a Masters or Doctoral program in related subject area.
* Minimum 2 years of experience in user interface development, designing user experiences for high-traffic customer-facing products and/or employee-facing intranets/extranets
* Exceptional user interface and experience design skills and an understanding of user-centered design disciplines and principals, as well as an eye for subtle detail
* A firm grasp of topics like usability, accessibility and search optimization, as well as understanding the role of brand in creating digital experiences
* Fluent in Visio, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
* Working knowledge of C# and the .NET 3.5 or 4.0 framework is a plus
* Experience customizing SharePoint page layouts and master pages based on branding attributes and editing CSS in SharePoint sites is desired
* Experience in developing and deployment to .NET systems such as MS SharePoint 2010 highly desired, including workflow integration with Visio, designing and programming InfoPath forms
* High-level understanding of web technologies (e.g., HTML, CSS, .NET, Flash, XML) and knowledgeable about latest web technologies and limitations i.e. Ajax, HTML5, CSS-3 etc.
* The financial proposal will specify the daily fee, travel expenses and per diems quoted in separate line items, and payments are made to the Individual Consultant based on the number of days worked.
All envisaged travel costs must be included in the financial proposal. This includes all travel to join duty station/repatriation travel. In general, UNDP should not accept travel costs exceeding those of an economy class ticket. Should the IC wish to travel on a higher class he/she should do so using their own resources. In the case of unforeseeable travel, payment of travel costs including tickets, lodging and terminal expenses should be agreed upon, between the respective business unit and Individual Consultant, prior to travel and will be reimbursed. Applicants are instructed to submit their daily rate to email@example.com at time of application with the subject heading “Financial Proposal for SharePoint Information Architect”
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodology:
When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
* responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
* Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
* Technical Criteria weight; [Interview Score (70%)
* Financial Criteria weight; [Financial Proposal (30%)
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 70% of the total obtainable technical points would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
* Years of relevant experience
* User interface understanding, design and elegance with an eye towards usability, accessibility and search optimization.
* Communication and work management
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED UPON APPLICATION:
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
* Explaining why they are the most suitable for the work (See below question)
* Provide a brief methodology on how they will approach and conduct the work (See below question)
2. Financial proposal
3. Personal CV including past experience in similar projects and at least 3 references
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing, or by standard electronic communication to
The Central Procurement Unit will respond in writing or by standard electronic mail and will send written copies of the response, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry, to all consultants.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
United Nations Development Programme
304 East 45th Street
Telephone: (212) 909-7940
Incoming search terms for the article:
- pligg content management system career link
- pligg content management system business class vs economy class
- pligg content management system doctorate in business
- pligg content management system business development consultants
- pligg content management system business development jobs
- pligg content management system conducting a science experiment
- pligg content management system assist quick search
- pligg content management system corporate lodging consultants
- pligg content management system networking diagrams
- pligg content management system aerobics classes