Job Vacancies United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Position: UN Women: Corporate Partnership Specialist
Location: New York, United States Of America
Closing Date: Wednesday, 10 August 2011
Grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, UN Women will work for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the centre of all its efforts, UN women will lead and coordinate United Nations System efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It will provide strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Maximizing/growing support from existing corporate donors/partners.
* Identifying and cultivating new corporate partnership prospects in alignment with UN Women corporate strategy/needs.
* Creating opportunities to cultivate new partners, strengthen existing partnership relations, including event, thought leadership opportunities and stakeholder engagement programmes.
* Establishment of corporate engagement processes and policies.
* Coordinate and Collaborate with WEPs staff to ensure cultivation of corporate support and adoption of WEPs by Corporate prospects.
* Working in close collaboration with UN Foundation and Corporate Champions Advisory Group to activate and secure greater corporate partnership engagement.
* Working in close collaboration with UN Women Programme, Policy Bureaus, Geo-sections and Trust Funds to identify and position UN Women core and non-core programmes for corporate support and partnership with focus on aligning corporate core competencies and expertise with UN Women strategic priorities.
* Coordinate and provide guidance and support of regional and sub-regional corporate engagement strategies and implementation.
* Provide support and guidance for National Committees with regard to corporate sector engagement.
* Collaborate with UN Women’s communications team to establish a corporate a communications strategy to drive significant/long-term corporate engagement, financial commitment and partnership support.
* Evolve UN Women’s ability to activate and support employee engagement via advocacy, awareness and fundraising initiatives.
* Develop prospecting processes and establish a corporate donor database in ensure all of the organizations contacts and opportunities are leveraged fully.
* Ethics and Values: Promoting Ethics and Integrity / Creating Organizational Precedents;
* Organizational Awareness: Building support and political acumen;
* Developing and Empowering People / Coaching and Mentoring: Building staff competence, creating an environment of creativity and innovation;
* Working in Teams: Building and promoting effective teams;
* Communicating Information and Ideas: Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication;
* Self-management and Emotional intelligence: Creating an emotionally intelligent organization;
* Conflict Management / Negotiating and Resolving Disagreements: Leveraging conflict in the interests of the organization & setting standards;
* Knowledge Sharing / Continuous Learning: Sharing knowledge across the organization and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning;
* Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making: Fair and transparent decision making; calculated risk-taking.
* Ability to gain the trust and confidence of the UN Women leadership, colleagues the UN Women programme and policy teams, donors, and prospects and other key stakeholders.
* Solid and diverse technical and operational management experience in fund-raising/corporate development initiatives, resulting in significant revenue growth.
* Strong diplomacy skills and political savvy; the ability to strategically and effectively navigate within complex environments.
* Significant corporate management and marketing experience with superior understanding of multinational corporate operations and culture.
* Proven track record for securing and managing multi-year/multi-million dollar corporate partnerships.
* Ability to conceptualize and actualize goals consistent with a strategic, long-term focus for corporate development.
* Excellent communication skills (both written and oral); ability to eloquently articulate the case for support.
* Demonstrates integrity and commitment to UN values and ethical standards.
* Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UN Women.
* Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Required Skills and Experience
* Masters university degree (or equivalent) in Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Policy, International Affairs or other relevant areas of study.
* Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
* Oral and written fluency in English.
* Knowledge of at least one additional UN working language a plus.
In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
United Nations Development Programme
304 East 45th Street
Telephone: (212) 909-7940