Job Vacancies United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Location: United States of America ( The ), New York
Closing Date: Wednesday, 24 August 2011
UNDP, the global development network for the United Nations system, is on the ground in 166 countries and is uniquely equipped to help developing countries build sustainable capacity to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
Job Vacancies Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Manager, Agencies and Overseas Finance Relationship the consultant provides support to their management, country offices and UN Partner Agencies on the production and verification of financial data.
The consultant operates in collaboration with the rest of the Agencies and Overseas Finance Relations Team focusing on quality and completeness of Financial Reports and the Underlying supporting data. The Accounts Associate provides “full service” to their client agencies.
1. Ensure effective provision of Accounting Services for UN Agencies Service Clearing Account (SCA):
* Responsible for the recording and resolving of charges recorded to the 65 Agencies through the Service Clearing Account (SCA).
* Reconcile the SCA balances to the GL (for example, analyse the balance in fund 12000 to ensure that entries are correct and included in the SCAs).
* Support maintenance of accounting procedures for fund 12000 transactions – e.g. RLA, MPOs, MIPs, etc.
* Examine accounting records and ensure that the commitment control system for monitoring the funding is correct and consistent with the SCA balances.
* Liaise with 65 Agencies and maintain the database of all rejects submitted by the Agencies.
* Review correspondence and correction by UNDP Country Office and take appropriate action to resolve rejects recorded in database.
2. Ensure timely and accurate processing of expenditure data in UN Agency Project Clearing Account ( PCA)
* Perform timely recording of agency PDRs and communicate rejected PDRs and the reasons to the agency clients.
* Reconcile the submitted agency PDRs to the agency expenditure in the PCA and in the GL – for both UNDP and for trust funds
3. Provide authoritative guidance on implementation of Policies related to Agency financial arrangements
4. Ensure compliance with UNDP and Agencies accountability requirements.
5. Contribute to the resolution of disputes, by conducting thorough research and compiling the pertinent supporting documents.
6. Assist with the preparation of schedules related to Agency expenditure
* Prepare detailed and comprehensive financial working papers to support the relevant Schedules for the corporate Financial Statements
* Ability to perform a broad range of specialized activities related to financial resources management.
* Excellent proficiency in MS Excel, Sharepoint, Word and Powerpoint. Knowledge of ERP is preferred.
* Contributes effectively in team-based activities.
* Effectively applies existing knowledge to improve performance.
* Analyzes problems logically leading to fact-based practical recommendations.
* Shares knowledge and experience
Required Skills and Experience
* Secondary education with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance.
* University Degree in Finance, Business or Public Administration desirable.
* Qualified accountants from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
* Minimum two years of relevant experience in accounting preferably within a PeopleSoft environment.
* Fluency and proficiency in English is required.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Job Vacancies United Nations Development Programme
304 East 45th Street
Telephone: (212) 909-7940