Job Vacancies United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Position: Web Editor Consultant (English)
Location: United States of America (The), New York
Closing Date: Friday, 22 April 2011
At present the United Nations Development Programme is set to deploy a central web content management system that can be easily used by country offices and program offices around the world.
The Web Editor Consultant for the Web Upgrade Project will report to the English Web Manager. S/he should be comfortable in directly editing, posting and presenting stories, images, headlines and other multimedia in English using prior experience with software such as web content management systems.
This is a local home based consultancy in New York that requires working from the Office of Communications in UNDP New York approximately three or four times a week.
Duties and Responsibilities
Editing / Producing
* Provide assistance in presenting and curating stories and images in various web content management systems.
* Ensure accurate and consistent web presentation of stories, headlines and images in English.
* Assist in the production of English-language material for online platforms
* Assist in proofreading
* Effectively communicate relevant project information to superiors;
* Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized web presentations;
* Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion;
* Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully;
* Effectively utilize each team member to his/her fullest potential;
* Keep track of lessons learned and share those lessons with team members;
* Mitigate team conflict and communication problems;
Successful delivery of a new corporate Internet platform will set the foundation for improved efficiency of business operations, increase our ability to communicate the work of UNDP and enhance effectiveness of UNDP programs.
* Solid English language skills
* Previous experience editing and presenting English copy in plain language
* Knowledge of web content systems
* Good understanding of online communications needs and excellent attention to detail
Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Communications, Journalism or related field.
A minimum of two years of combined of experience in the field of Communications / Journalism
Fluency in spoken and written English. Working knowledge of Spanish or French desirable.
All interested applicants should submit the following documents. Incomplete submission can be a ground for disqualification.
* Updated P11 or Resume / CV
* Statement of Interest (Cover letter) with a brief narrative addressing the competencies mentioned above.
* Financial Proposal for the assignment stating your daily fee for the assignment.
Shortlisted candidates will be rated according to the following criteria:
Solid English language skills 40
Previous experience editing and presenting English copy in plain language 30
Knowledge of web content systems 20
Good understanding of online communications needs and excellent attention to detail 10
Cumulative Analysis will be used in determining the best candidate for this assignment. When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract is made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as responsive/compliant/acceptable, and having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria:
* Technical Criteria weight: 70%
* Financial Criteria weight: 30%
No travel is envisaged for this assignment. As this is a local consultancy, UNDP will not cover the travel costs to duty station
ANNEX 1- GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS_ INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT (IC)
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
United Nations Development Programme
304 East 45th Street
Telephone: (212) 909-7940
Incoming search terms for the article:
- vacancy of journalist as on june 2011
- english editor vacancy
- united nations english language programme
- web editor TOR united nations
- editing opportunities in the UN
- journalism vacancies may 2011
- UNDP editing
- Communications/journalism jobs at the UN
- united nations december 2011 vacancy consultant english editor
- united nations and editor