Job Vacancies United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Position: Capacity Development Consultant for Nutrition Section, Programme Division, UNICEF
Closing Date: Monday, 27 September 2010
Location: United States of America (the) – New York
The objective of this consultancy is to support the Nutrition in Emergency Unit in the implementation of a Capacity Development Strategy for Nutrition Preparedness and Response in Emergencies, to ensure effective and reliable implementation of UNICEF’s Core Commitments for Children and the cluster lead role in Nutrition at all levels.
Activities and Deliverables
The activities for this consultancy will be divided in two phases
First phase: 10 weeks during the period of October to December 2010.
Second phase: 10 weeks during the period from January to June 2011.
1. In coordination with the regional advisors, carry out a technical capacity gap analysis of countries per region and training needs assessment, to be used to support planning of activities. This analysis should take into consideration the capacity development initiatives already planned.
Deliverable: technical capacity gap analysis and needs assessments carried out
2. Following the Nutrition Section priorities in emergency response and in collaboration with Regional and Country Offices, develop/ review agendas and modified training package. This will include materials for Country Nutrition Programme adjusted to country context and audience level as well as Cluster trainings in Nutrition in Emergencies,
Deliverable: Agendas and modified package of materials available for trainings.
3. In coordination with the Regional Offices and HQ Nutrition in Emergency Unit, provide support to countries to set an action plan to roll out the trainings based on need assessments.
Deliverable: Country action plans defined and approved for priority countries.
4. Monitor and report roll out of the strategy at both regional and country levels, providing feedback and support to country offices and partners.
Deliverable: Monthly report on the implementation of the action plan per Region
5. In close coordination with the Nutrition in Emergencies Unit, direct the roll out strategy of the e-learning package based on UNICEF’s basic training on Nutrition in Emergencies and the HTP, commissioned to ENN. This will include liaising with academic institutions.
Deliverable: E-learning package rolled out and hosted in UNICEF Platform and academic institutions identified.
6. In close coordination with the Nutrition Unit, engage with DHR to follow up on an initiative to develop a DHR programme to identify and mentor new talents in Nutrition.
Deliverable: HR policy to identify new talents in Nutrition with an emphasis on Nutrition in Emergency, information management and treatment of acute malnutrition, developed.
Background and experience
* Advanced university degree in nutrition, agriculture, food security, social sciences and/or public health.
* At least 5 years’ progressively responsible experience in Emergency Nutrition programme management and 10 years of technical advisory support at international level.
* Experience of UNICEF programming and of training in Nutrition in Emergencies
* Demonstrated ability to work in an efficient and timely manner with minimal supervision and under pressure
* Strong communication, coordination and interpersonal skills.
* Fluency in English and a second UN language.
* Good writing and computer (database) skills.
* Willingness to travel occasionally.
How to apply
* Preferably, the consultant will be based at UNICEF HQ with access to all working materials and equipment provided by the institution.
* If the consultant is not based in New York, two trips to New York are planned, one for the initial briefing and a final trip to present the work to the NiE Unit and obtain feedback.
* All other consultations will be done over the telephone and via email.
* Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV and P 11 form (which can be downloaded from our website at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html )
to email@example.com by 27 September 2010. Please indicate your ability, availability and monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above.
633 3rd Avenue
New York, NY
Reference Code: RW_89GPZP-45
Incoming search terms for the article:
- unicef rwanda vacancies
- unicef rwanda jobs
- job vacancies in rwanda 2011
- UNICEF p11 form
- unicef jobs in rwanda
- p11 form unicef
- plan rwanda jobs
- vacancies in rwanda 2011
- jobs in unicef rwanda
- unicef jobs rwanda