Job Vacancies United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Position: Administrative Assistant, Programme Division
Location: United States of America ( The ), New York
Closing Date: Wednesday, 01 June 2011
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks an Administrative Assistant, G-5, Programme Division, New York.
Under the direct supervision of the SWA Coordinator, the Administrative Assistant performs a variety of communication, information gathering, monitoring, technical and administrative services, in support of the SWA Secretariat in the WASH Section.
Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to the work of the organisation, e.g. Social Sciences, Communication. Five years of progressively responsible working experience in an administrative capacity, of which at least one year closely related to support of programme activities, including the organization of international conferences and meetings. Experience with web-development and web-research an asset. Knowledge of the UN System desirable. Good knowledge of personal computers, applications, word processing and spreadsheet software.
Good knowledge of UNICEF’s rules, regulations and procedures; tact, discretion, initiative, good judgment and ability to work independently.
Good organizational skills and drafting ability. Fluent English both written and oral. Knowledge of French language as well as prior work experience in organizing high level meetings are considered an asset. Must pass the UN ASAT (Administrative Support Assessment Test) in English
Minimum Eligibility Requirements: Must pass the UN ASAT in English (Please state in your application if you passed) Non-US candidates must be in possession of a US G4 visa or be a US Permanent Resident
Key Expected Results:
* Assist in the preparation, follow up and information dissemination of SWA Steering Committee meetings, work-plans, documents and reports, including logistical arrangements and drafting of agendas and minutes and email correspondence with Steering Committee Members and other related stakeholders (including UNICEF WASH Staff). This includes support to the Chair and Vice-Chair including drafting correspondence and travel arrangements
* Process all contracts and payments and monitor the budget and expenditures allocated to SWA and support the WASH Section budget focal point for preparation and operation of section budget, in consultation with the Chief. This would include review of monthly closure reports to verify, correct, and inform DFAM of actions to be taken; support in the monitoring of the programme budgets, expenditure available to the Cluster; Prepare period draft reports on budget expenditures and allocations for review by supervisors.
* Assist in the organization of SWA events (workshops, conferences, meetings, etc.), as well as events to which SWA provides inputs, including travel arrangements;
* Perform routine administrative duties to support the SWA Secretariat staff, in particular the Coordinator, and consultants. Set up meetings and appointments. Assist in the preparation of reports, correspondence, background materials, presentations and working papers. Make travel arrangements, including applications for visas as well as hotel accommodations, reservations, etc. for travellers.
* Maintain extensive filing system to ensure documentation and archiving.
* Assist with information dissemination including operationalizing and maintaining an effective information dissemination system and SWA contact database and drafting responses to queries.
* Performs other duties as required.
Communicates effectively. Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment. Sets high levels of quality and productivity for self. Analyzes and integrates verbal, numerical and other types of data. Rapidly learns new tasks relevant to own job and quickly commits information to memory. Sets self clearly defined tasks in line objectives set by the line manager. Follows spoken and written instructions without unnecessarily challenging others’ authority.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation. If you want a challenging career while improving the lives of children around the world UNICEF, the leading children’s rights organization, would like to hear from you.
Visit us at www.unicef.org/about/employ to register in our new e-Recruitment system and apply to this and other vacancies, quoting E-VN-2011-000722. Applications must be received by 1 June 2011. Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
633 3rd Avenue
New York, NY
Incoming search terms for the article:
- why would you like to work for unicef
- job vacancies in UNICEF
- un jobs in Vietnam for damin/travel assistand or assistant manager for june 2011?
- united nations jobs
- why do you want to work for unicef
- un vacancies 2011
- unicef vacancy admin assistant 2011
- unicef June 2011 vacancies
- UNICEF free job attitude test for Administrative assistant
- unicef administrative assistant jobs