Job Vacancies United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Position: Administrative Assistant
Location: United States of America ( The ), New York
Closing Date: Monday, 02 July 2012
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the Executive Manager (Planning), the incumbent performs duties and responsibilities of an Administrative Assistant in the Office of the Executive Director. These require strong communication skills, discretion, tact, judgment, and ability to interact with high level visitors.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
MUST PASS THE UN ASAT (Administrative Support Assessment Test) in ENGLISH (PLEASE MENTION IN YOUR COVER LETTER WHETHER YOU PASSED THIS EXAM)
NON-US CANDIDATES MUST BE IN POSSESSION OF A US G4 VISA OR BE A US PERMANENT RESIDENT
Key Expected Results
1. Receives high-ranking officials for the Executive Director, Deputy Executive Directors, and the Chief of Staff. Manages entry and exit of visitors and directs them to their appointment venue. Liaises with the Offices of the Executive Director, Deputy Executive Directors, and relevant Divisions as needed. Assists with placing and answering calls and directing them correctly. Liaises with the Offices of the Secretary-General, Permanent Missions to the United Nations, Division Directors and Field Offices as needed on meetings, documents, and flow of information.
2. Receives, screens, and routes large volume of incoming correspondence. In consultation with the Executive Manager, registers, classifies, and updates incoming and outgoing documents and other material in the correspondence database. Supports effective and proactive follow-up and tracking of outstanding actions by retrieving computer-generated reports, in accordance with established timetable and procedures. Dispatches outgoing correspondence, including photocopying, logging, and filing of regular correspondence, as well as pouches and faxes and maintains a record in the database. Responds to queries by retrieving information retained in an automated database related to correspondence, files, and other references. Drafts routine and basic correspondence.
3. Maintains office filing and assists in setting up archiving system.
4. Assists the Executive Manager in maintaining and updating the OED planning calendars related to events, key meetings, and key documentation. Supports effective and proactive circulation of information including sharing updated planning calendars with the Deputy Executive Directors and UNICEF offices as relevant.
5. Substitutes for the Executive Manager in the latter’s absence to manage correspondence in consultation with OED colleagues. Supports the OED in temporary absences (breaks; lunches) as well as longer leaves as needed.
6. Performs other duties, as required.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Completion of secondary education.
Must pass the UN ASAT (Administrative Support Assessment Test) in English
Five years of administrative and / or office work experience
Fluency in English (oral and written). Knowledge of another UN language would be an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Communicates effectively.
Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
Sets high levels of quality and productivity for self.
Analyzes and integrates verbal, numerical and other types of data.
Rapidly learns new tasks relevant to own job and quickly commits information to memory.
Sets self clearly defined tasks in line objectives set by the line manager.
Able to work efficiently with Information technology, database and other information management tools
This is an extension of the application deadline to expand the candidate pool. Previous applicants are not required to re-apply as their original application will be duly considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
UNICEF 633 3rd Avenue New York, NY (212) 497-0193
Incoming search terms for the article:
- pligg content management system military classified
- Powered by Article Dashboard children
- Powered by Article Dashboard psyche
- Powered by Article Dashboard psychology of children
- Powered by Article Dashboard database technology articles
- pligg content management system psyche
- Powered by Article Dashboard ranks in the army
- pligg content management system u s military history
- pligg content management system history of technology in education computers
- pligg content management system history of television for kids