Job Vacancies United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
United Nations Children’s Fund
Position: IPSAS Officer
Closing Date: Friday, 11 February 2011
Location: United States of America (the) – New York
Purpose of the Position
Under the direction of the IPSAS Specialist (P4) – as the IPSAS Specialist responsible for oversight of overall technical IPSAS activities and as a member of the IPSAS Management Team, you will support the pre-implementation activities in the areas of quality assurance for IPSAS impacted Regulatory Framework policy documents, review and quality assurance of relevant SAP ERP related documentation and processes, input into IPSAS specific communication and training outputs and execution of field support activities in the pre-implementation and implementation phases.
Key Expected Results
1. Under the guidance of the IPSAS Specialist (P4), you will support the data creation, cleansing and migration process through the development of data collection tools (such as Excel spread sheets), review and comment on data collected and identification of areas where data quality needs strengthening based on topics assigned.
2. Under the guidance of the IPSAS Specialist (P4), you will support the review of SAP ERP documentation (such as business process procedure documentation and test scripts) to ensure IPSAS requirements are included in assigned topic areas.
3. Under the guidance of the IPSAS Specialist (P4), you will support the review of business policy and procedural guidance in assigned areas for IPSAS compliance
a. based on the Project Board endorsed IPSAS policy paper
b. through planning, analysis, consultation and development
c. to accomplish IPSAS-compliant UNICEF accounting and business policies
4. Under the guidance of the IPSAS Specialist (P4), you will support business process owners in the development of training materials through a review of the contents for technical IPSAS accuracy for topics assigned.
5. You will contribute to the contents of IPSAS communications based on oversight by the IPSAS Specialist for communications.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
University degree in accounting, finance, or business administration and/or professional accounting qualification (CPA or equivalent)
Two years of relevant professional experience in accounting, and/or financial management in a large institution. Understanding of UNICEF work processes and systems, an asset
Understanding of IPSAS, International Accounting Standards (IAS) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) or national accrual accounting standards
Good working knowledge of financial management information systems, including:
* Architecture behind UNICEF’s reporting systems (e.g., understand the structure [ProMS/SAP, budget versus financial statements], how transactions are captured and coded and what flexibility exists)
* How to extract financial information from the systems and ability to explain this information
* Where to go to readily get the knowledge and understanding on the above issues where necessary
Understanding of UNICEF’s:
* Business model
* Financial Statements and reporting requirements
Fluency in English and another UN language.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
Sets high levels of quality and productivity for self.
Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
Accepts changes in circumstances when presented with them.
Analyzes and integrates verbal, numerical and other types of data.
Demonstrates and shares detailed technical knowledge and expertise.
Ensures that team or department follows relevant company policies and procedures.
Sets clearly defined objectives and plans activities for self, own team or department.
Via this vacancy announcement, we are currently seeking qualified individuals to recruit on a fixed-term position as well as to replenish our IPSAS Officer Profile Talent Pools for various P-2 level positions, whereby both fixed-term and temporary appointment potential opportunities may become available in the Division of Financial and Administrative Management (DFAM) at our UNICEF Headquarters in New York.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
How to apply
If you want a challenging career while improving the lives of children around the world UNICEF, the leading children’s rights organization, would like to hear from you.
Visit us at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ to register in our new e-Recruitment system and apply to this and other vacancies, quoting E-VN-2011-000140. Applications must be received by 11 February 2011.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Reference Code: RW_8DQTT6-24
633 3rd Avenue
New York, NY
Incoming search terms for the article:
- UNICEF written test sample
- unicef written test
- kinaesthetic inurl:/bbs php
- inurl:/wiki/ license
- unicef written technical test
- pictures inurl: board/viewtopic php?p=
- inurl:/register php longer
- freeze inurl:/bbs cgi?room=
- withdrawals inurl:/bbs cgi?
- inurl:/bbs/register php?s= diagnosis treatment gangrene