Job Vacancies United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Position: Data Analyst for HR Applications IT Solutions and Services (ITSS) Division UNICEF New York Headquarters
Location: United States of America ( The ), New York
Closing Date: Monday, 29 August 2011
* In addition to occasional analysis of data to investigate and fix problems, the data migration from the current SAP environment to Vision brings extra demands.
* Many AFS analysts who continue being responsible for multiple initiatives need assistance in user interaction and initial trouble shooting of production problems.
* Since SAP-HR is implemented globally, the monitoring of the problems and user queries is becoming very difficult to manage.
Job Vacancies Scope of Work:
* Download data from SAP to Excel for Analysis
* Use advanced features in Excel for analysis
* Compare and analyze discrepancies from source and target systems
* Record/log requirements/needs/queries from users
Job Vacancies Deliverables:
* Data comparison reports with detailed analysis
* Chronological log of user requests
* Analyzed data in spreadsheets, graphs, or report form
Business Location The person hired is expected to work onsite from 9am – 5pm (or later depending on the exigencies without overtime pay but with compensation time).
Special Clauses: UNICEF reserves the right to terminate the service of the person hired in case of failure to deliver the above specifications or to adhere to employments standards of United Nations staff rules.
Job Vacancies Qualification/Competencies:
* Good business knowledge of HR applications
* Excellent skills in MS Excel, hands-on skills of such functions as lookup, if-then-else, string handling, pivot table, Macro
* Good knowledge of other MS products such as Word, PowerPoint, Project
* Excellent analytical and organizational skills
* Familiar with UNICEF business processes and procedures
* Ability to work as a team member
* Ability to work on urgent production issues
Job Vacancies Education/Work Experience:
* University Degree with specialization in any of the following areas: Finance, Accounting, Engineering or Information Technology
* Some practical work experience in the HR area is desirable, working knowledge of HR application system is a major plus
Job Vacancies Language:
* Fluency in English
Duration of the Consultancy: 4 Months
Expected Start Date: 15 September 2011
Proposed Remuneration: $280 – $300/day
Evaluation and selection: The selection will be based on the principle of the “lowest technically acceptable offer”. The applications will be evaluated against the skills and experience requirements that are defined in the Terms of Reference above. Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by phone or in person. The interview will focus on confirming the level of required expertise and the ability to perform the work assignments as per TOR. Before the interview the short-listed candidates will receive the standard terms and conditions that UNICEF includes in all contracts for individual consultants or institutional contracts. Please be informed that the standard T&C are not negotiable. The selection decision will be based on technical and financial evaluation.
How to apply:
Submit your résumé and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 29 August 2011.
The Organization does not sponsor for the H1 Visa.
633 3rd Avenue
New York, NY