Job Vacancies United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Position: Administrative Assistant
Duty Station: New York
Country: United States of America
Closing Date: Tuesday, 06 September 2011
Job Vacancies Purpose of the Position
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Education Adviser, with review of work upon completion, provides administrative assistance to professional staff members in an administrative unit of the Education Section, particularly support to the Emergency Hub.
Job Vacancies MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- MUST PASS THE UN ASAT (Administrative Support Assessment Test) in ENGLISH (PLEASE MENTION IN YOUR COVER LETTER WHETHER YOU PASSED THIS EXAM)
- NON-US CANDIDATES MUST BE IN POSSESSION OF A US G4 VISA OR BE A US PERMANENT RESIDENT
Job Vacancies Key Expected Results
1. Description of responsibility
Screens incoming mail to determine priority and researches background information as necessary. Replies to routine correspondence; drafts replies to correspondence. In the absence of the Senior Education Adviser, ensures that the continuity of the operation of the assigned unit is maintained. Takes action on urgent correspondence by liaising with other staff members of the Education Section.
End Result(s): Unit correspondence addressed in a timely fashion.
2. Description of responsibility
Arranges appointments for supervisor, receives visitors, places and screens telephone calls, and responds to routine requests for information.
End Result(s): Scheduling and meetings supported effectively.
3. Description of responsibility
Assists with the critical Planning functions of administrative unit of the Education Section, ensuring internal and external education meetings are executed efficiently through the provision of necessary logistical and administrative support.
End Result(s): Section planning function well supported.
4. Description of responsibility
Responsible for travel arrangements for professional staff members in an administrative unit; liaises with Travel Unit; makes hotel reservations in urgent cases and completes travel requests, visa applications, reimbursement of expenses and other documents for travel. Calculates travel costs, per diems and other expenses.
End Result(s): Unit’s travel organized efficiently.
5. Description of responsibility
Provides administrative support to professional staff members and consultants working with the assigned administrative unit.
End Result(s): Effective administrative support provided.
6. Description of responsibility
Accountable for proper maintenance of office records and reference files activities related to the work of the administrative unit.
End Result(s): Unit’s documentation organized effectively.
7. Description of responsibility
Performs other duties, including support of contracts, as required.
End Result(s): Unplanned activities effectively supported.
Job Vacancies Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Good judgment and ability to work independently, problem solving and negotiation skills, excellent interpersonal relations, computer skills at Intermediate level i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint Presentations.
- Completion of secondary education; proven typing ability and knowledge of modern office procedures.
- Good working knowledge of UNICEF programme policies, and administrative and financial procedures. Progressive experience on programme administration in an international organization are advantages.
- At least four years of relevant work experience, preferably with three years of these closely related to support of UNICEF programme activities.
- Must pass the UN ASAT in English
- Fluent in English language both written and spoken
Job Vacancies Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Communicates effectively.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Sets high levels of quality and productivity for self.
- Analyzes and integrates verbal, numerical and other types of data.
- Rapidly learns new tasks relevant to own job and quickly commits information to memory.
- Sets self clearly defined tasks in line objectives set by the line manager.
- Follows spoken and written instructions without unnecessarily challenging others’ authority.
Job Vacancies Remarks
This is a project funded post with funds available for two years.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Job Vacancies UNICEF
633 3rd Avenue
New York, NY
Vacancy No: E-VN-2011-001380
Incoming search terms for the article:
- un asat 2011
- pligg content management system national religion
- results for un asat
- un asat pass
- un asat passing grade
- un asat results
- un asat results 2011
- unicef admin ans finance test
- unicef admin assistant job details
- unicef administrative assistant written test