Location: United States of America (the) – New York
Purpose of the Position
The Senior Adviser, Campaign Coordinator, will significantly augment the Section’s capacity to leverage policies and global resources for children and AIDS. To accomplish this, you will maintain the highest level contacts with relevant partners: UN Co-sponsors, World Bank, USAID and other US- and European-based HIV and AIDS organisations and bilaterals. You will inform and work closely with the 7 Regional Offices and country offices of UNICEF to ensure that the goals and targets of the campaign are met.
Key Expected Results
1. You will provide strategic direction, leadership and management of the Global Campaign on Children and AIDS within UNICEF, including its 36 National Committees. Particular attention will be paid to strengthening the programming and advocacy activities throughout divisions/sections at global level to ensure that the organisations meet the programme targets set for the campaign.
2. You will establish and maintain high-level contact with relevant departments of partner organisations such as UN Co-sponsors, the World Bank, USAID and other US- and European-based HIV and AIDS organisations and bilaterals. Keep them informed of UNICEF’s mission, campaign goals, targets and strategies with the aim of ensuring that children and AIDS are given the highest priority on the agenda of these organisations.
3. You will analyse information emanating from partner organisations as well as major academic institutions on children and AIDS, providing strategic feedback to the HIV and AIDS Section, in particular to ensure UNICEF is kept abreast of these global developments and for use in refining UNICEF strategies and plans where possible in order to achieve synergy of action with these organisations. Carry out negotiations with partners with a view to progressively increasing the range of joint collaborative efforts.
4. You wil identify issues, needs and opportunities and provide programme staff members’ guidance on implementation, monitoring and reporting on the status of activities through periodic and/or special reports. The reports will also inform the management team and senior management on problems, difficulties and corrective actions undertaken or recommended.
5. You will be responsible for production of annual work plans, reports, updates, financial tracking and other associated reports.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Advanced University degree preferably in public health, public health administration, related sciences or other relevant academic areas, for example, political science, public policy, economics, international relations.
- Ten years progressive experience at international and/or national levels in programme formulation, design, management and evaluation with emphasis on strategic planning.
- Experience working on development or related issues, knowledge on HIV and AIDS and communication highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the United Nations System.
- Fluency in English and another UN language.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Has highest-level communication skills, including engaging and informative formal public speaking
- Creates and encourages a climate of team-working and collaboration in a multi-cultural environment
- Consistently achieves high-level results, managing and delivering projects on-time and on-budget
- Has high-level leadership and supervisory skills; provides others with a clear direction; motivates and empowers others; recruits staff of a high caliber; provides staff with development opportunities and coaching
- Sets, develops and revises organizational strategy and develops clear visions of the organization’s future potential
- Analyzes and integrates diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data from a wide range of sources
- Quickly builds rapport with individuals and groups. Actively nurtures good relationships with people across all organizational levels and boundaries, and with government leaders and stakeholders
- Identifies urgent and potentially risky decisions and acts on them promptly; initiates and generates organization-wide activities
- Negotiates effectively by exploring a range of possibilities
UNICEF is committed to diversity and gender equality in its workplace. Women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you want a challenging career while improving the lives of children around the world UNICEF, the leading children’s rights organization, would like to hear from you.
Visit us at www.unicef.org/about/employ to register in our new e-Recruitment system and apply to this and other vacancies, quoting E-VN-2010-001393.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- unicef philippines careers
- UN Philippines careers
- United Nations Philippines careers
- unicef philippines jobs
- unicef philippines job openings
- united nations philippines jobs
- unicef philippines career
- safe the children jobs
- unicef philippines job opportunities
- united nations philippines job opportunities