Job Vacancies United Methodist Committee on Relief
Position: Director of Health Initiatives
Location: United States of America (The), New York
Closing Date: Monday, 06 June 2011
The United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) is the not-for-profit global humanitarian aid agency of the United Methodist Church. UMCOR is working in more than 80 countries worldwide. Our mission, grounded in the teachings of Jesus, is to alleviate human suffering—whether caused by war, conflict, or natural disaster, with open hearts and minds to all people. UMCOR responds to natural or civil disasters that are interruptions of such magnitude that they overwhelm a community’s ability to recover on its own. We work in places others cannot or will not go.
Director of Health Initiatives will provide strategic, long-term vision and strong leadership on global health initiatives in less developed countries. (Our team has traveled to and established projects in Asia, India, and Latin American, among others.) S/he will oversee project implementation, personnel, budgets, and finance within the program. We are seeking a leader who not only has a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world, but the ability to continually inspire and fuel that passion in his/her team members.
* Administrative leadership. Supervise, monitor, and evaluate staff and consultants; mentor and manage staff. Participate in and facilitate staff training and development. Participate in UMCOR Leadership Team meetings. Manage budgets and finance.
* Programmatic leadership. Monitor the implementation or program initiatives; evaluate progress. Access human resources, both internal and external to the organization.
* Provide guidance and project management in global health technical areas. Lead development strategies and initiatives. Analyze opportunities for program expansion and identify opportunities for partnerships. Seek out opportunities for funding.
* Provide strategic leadership and technical direction for maternal child health, health systems strengthening, health policy, and tropical diseases.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
-Masters Degree in Public Health and five years experience in area of Global Health with health-related experience in a less developed country. – Relevant work experience in design, management, and monitoring of global health programs; significant knowledge of global health practice areas, including infectious diseases; tropical diseases; maternal, neonatal, and child health; health systems; health governance; and public health and clinical research; the ability to integrate water, sustainable agriculture, etc., into the work of health. -Experience managing a technical unit at the headquarters or regional level; experience in a senior technical role for a field-based health program. -Fundraising skills (grants, solicitations, and networking). -Thorough understanding of the United Methodist Church as well as theological studies and business administration courses desirable. Experience in disaster response a plus.
This is a full-time position based in New York, NY. Up to 30% travel required. We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance; a retirement package; and a generous vacation package.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (including where you saw this ad) to email@example.com. Include the job title in the subject line.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- united methodist church jobs global health
- gbgm org
- gbgm jobs
- job vacancies in umcor-2011
- umcor vacancies
- umcor vacancies 2011
- methodist church vacancy
- umcor vacancies 2012
- umcor vacancies for india
- jobs vacancy in south sudan with tropical and infectious diseases 2011-2012